Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No More Babies? How do you know?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:39 PM
  • 32 Replies

Ever since I had number 2, I am constantly being asked if we are going to go to 3. I think the main reason why people are so hell bent on asking us that is because we have 2 boys and I always get "Don't you want to try for a girl?". Personally, I would be happy with 8 boys. LOL.

Anyways, I dont know what to do. DH and I have talked about kids and we both say we are through, but when I mention anything permanent he says "But what if we change our mind?"

How did you know that you were dont having children. I love my boys and truly believe I would be happy with just them. I like the idea of 4 of us. I am not worried about going for a girl, but maybe that is what is on DH's mind.

I went to my GP today for a checkup and he literally talked to me for 15 minutes about having my husband go to the Urology office down the road to get snipped. It would be so nice not to have to worry about birth control. But the question is when do you know you are ready.

BTW- I am 25, DH is 32

in lovetoddler boybaby boy

Wife to Dan and Mother to Carter and Tristan

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
offrdngal
by Terri on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:44 PM

It was easy for me. I didn't want kids before I got pregnant.  Then when I was pregnant, I HATED it!!  I didn't care whether I had a boy or a girl, as long as he/she was healthy.  My son was born and I knew I would NEVER do that again.  I love my son to pieces, don't misunderstand me.  I just won't ever get pregnant again.  I don't go goo-goo over babies and I don't enjoy them until they are toddlers, when they start talking and being able to do things on their own.

tihone77
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:44 PM

I know this won't really help, but I/we just knew.  We do have four kids and we were always wondering okay are we done now after we had DD, DS, and DD.  After dd #4 we feel complete, this is our family.  Plus, for us, unless we were able to hire someone to help with something (cleaning, buying groceries), I just can't handle any more.  Four kids 7 and under are enough.  DH is schedule to get snipped on Friday.

Lishes
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:46 PM

I can't really explain it. I just know. Honestly the thought of having another baby makes me feel it would almost be like an intrusion on our family (I know people will take that the wrong way) I just knew after I had my son that our family was complete. And the fact that unless we win the lottery, we will probably never be able to afford another child.

steffielou_who
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:46 PM

I am perfectly content with 2 boys as well but in my heart, I would like to try for one more boy! I love boys and a mother/son love is much deeper than a mother/daughter love!! I had my first when I was 20 and my second when I was 22.. I'm now 27 and still feel that it's too young to stop! We will just have sex as we do and if it happens, it happens.. Would like to wait until DH has his degree and a teaching job but things happen..

Cara5
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:47 PM

Your family is young... id hesitate to do anything permanent, but BC has its health issues too.  I dont know how to give you any advice one way or the other.   I thought I was done several times, but especially after my now 8 year old was born.  That was baby #5 and I was SOOO done. 

5 years later I had Joanna... Our family would not be complete with out her... My oldest are studying for their drivers test and my youngest is potty training... but I wouldn't want it any other way.

Id say if your having ANY reservations or any thoughts of keeping options open for the future then your not 100 percent sure, and if your not 100 percent sure dont do anything you cant undo.  

Neelah
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:49 PM

This is pretty much it for me too! When I first got pregnant, I thought maybe I wanted two. I changed my mind as soon as the morning sickness started, lol!

I am getting my tubes tied, and if we do decide later that we would like another child, we will look into adoption :)

Quoting offrdngal:

It was easy for me. I didn't want kids before I got pregnant.  Then when I was pregnant, I HATED it!!  I didn't care whether I had a boy or a girl, as long as he/she was healthy.  My son was born and I knew I would NEVER do that again.  I love my son to pieces, don't misunderstand me.  I just won't ever get pregnant again.  I don't go goo-goo over babies and I don't enjoy them until they are toddlers, when they start talking and being able to do things on their own.

Destiny1403
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:50 PM

my thoughts have always been to have them all close together. I got pregnant with my youngest when my oldest was 10 months old. Now my youngest is at that age and I feel like it's do or die time! But that being said, we couldnt afford childcare for 3 or expect my family to take care of 3 kids 3 days a week like they do with our 2

jabs54
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:51 PM

My advice is if you are questioning your decision to not have any more I would not do anything permanent.  Wait a bit, one day you will know if you want to get pregnant again or if you are truly done having kids.

Leelee1008
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:53 PM

Idk, We had 4 pregnancies. we lost one in 09, and just had our 1st DD in jan after all boys. I was ok with just boys, but now that I have my DD I am soo very glad I did. Dh says he is done, and wants to make his urology appt. I on the other hand, dont feel done yet. I would have liked to have just 1 more, I dont think its going tohappend since hes pretty hell bent on it. I guess you just know. if you cant say for sure and be confident about not having anymore, then maybe you arent just yet.

Destiny1403
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:04 PM

I have to admit, I am the EXACT opposite. I didnt mind being pregnant at all. I still jogged a mile almost every day - 3 days a week until I was about 34 weeks pregnant and I LOVE babies. They are so cute and small and I love it. DS is 10 months and I am starting to freak out. But I have to remind myself that they all get bigger!

Quoting Neelah:

This is pretty much it for me too! When I first got pregnant, I thought maybe I wanted two. I changed my mind as soon as the morning sickness started, lol!

I am getting my tubes tied, and if we do decide later that we would like another child, we will look into adoption :)

Quoting offrdngal:

in lovetoddler boybaby boy

Wife to Dan and Mother to Carter and Tristan

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)