Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moving

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:00 PM
  • 5 Replies
My daughter and I will be moving the end off school and I'm having a hard time figuring out where to start packing. Anyone with suggestions on where to start?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
momof3angela
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:02 PM
Start with the things you won't be using between now and then....books, sheet's, seasonal clothes that are not needed now, etc.
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:11 PM

I have moved 11 times in 26 years but we only had to pack and move things 2 times.  The other times we get things packed for us and moved for us.  Just start now packing things you know you will not need.  Some kitchen things you hardly use etc.  Do some packing every week. 

imgnabamommy
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:25 PM

pack things that you don't need first. I prefer to start in the bathrooms, then go to the bedrooms/closets, toys/books, photos, computer stuff, and I always do the kitchen and dining room very last. That is my personal preference...do what is easiest for you.

jenn981478
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:27 PM

I guess I am just overwhelmed with it all.  At first I will be moving into a fully furnished house so not sure if I should try selling things or keep them for when I buy my own place.  I am tired of the clutter but not sure what things I can get rid of and not be looking for the next day.  Thanks to all that replied.

momof3angela
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 10:14 AM

If you are willing to sell some things...how about a yard sale to make some money and less to pack?

Quoting jenn981478:

I guess I am just overwhelmed with it all.  At first I will be moving into a fully furnished house so not sure if I should try selling things or keep them for when I buy my own place.  I am tired of the clutter but not sure what things I can get rid of and not be looking for the next day.  Thanks to all that replied.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)