Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breathing trouble

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:08 PM
  • 15 Replies
my dd is wheezing pretty bad. My mom is a respiratory thrapist and will be coming over after work to listen to her. My comp is getting repaired so i cant google. Any ideas what could cause wheezing in a 2 month old?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momof3angela
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:09 PM

Asthma, allergy...if she has had any nasal congestion or cough could be bronchitis.

Bmat
by Barb on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:09 PM

Poor baby.  It could be allergy or flu or other problem.  I wonder if you should wait, perhaps call your doctor?

Greenstone920
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:10 PM

At 2 months, I would be calling her pediatrician asap.

TegansMommy
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:53 PM
Bc of insurance, her pedi is 30 minutes away. With my other 2 kids, its hard to get over there for appts at the last minute. I have her scheduled for tomorrow when ds1 is at school, but want my mom to listen to her first to give an opinion. Thanks for the suggestions. I just hate not having any idea what it could be!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof3angela
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:55 PM

Glad your mom can come and listen.... when does she get off of work?

Quoting TegansMommy:

Bc of insurance, her pedi is 30 minutes away. With my other 2 kids, its hard to get over there for appts at the last minute. I have her scheduled for tomorrow when ds1 is at school, but want my mom to listen to her first to give an opinion. Thanks for the suggestions. I just hate not having any idea what it could be!

sweettigeress
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:59 PM

not sure. sorry mama.

Rychelle
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:06 PM

it could be a bunch of things honestly.. if shes only 2 months and weezy bad i woulnt call the pedi and not wait for your mom to come over later. you can tell them shes coming and see if they want to see the baby right away or if they thinkits ok to wait untill your mom gets there.

Littlebaer
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:10 PM
Could be she is sick or asthma if it gets bad take her to the er u don't want to mess around with trouble breathing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TegansMommy
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:23 PM

she was here, its not "wheezing" just rattling congestion. Still going to the dr in the am, but I'm not as worried anymore!

Rychelle
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:30 PM

glad all is ok!! hope shes feeling better soon!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)