Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Epidural headache

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:22 PM
  • 7 Replies
I delivered my son last tuesday. While doing my epidural the doctor hit my dural. I leaked csf fluid and had the worst headache of my life. They did a blood patch on wednesday. It sort of helped, since then I have still had a headache, stiff neck, nausea, and my back is killing me. Tomorrow I am getting another patch. Has this happened to any of you mommies?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
momof3angela
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:29 PM

Am totally sorry you had to experience that pain...I am praying the next patch helps completely.  And congratulations on the birth of your son.  Has the headache pain interfered with you enjoying him to the fullest?

Sofiabug
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:54 PM
It has been hard. My head hurts so badly that I am sleeping more than normal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof3angela
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:56 PM

I had one epidural and went natural the other 2...was blessed not to get that headache but I have seen the effects of it on my friend's.  They all said the hardest part was not being able to bond properly with their baby during the time of pain and side effects.  Well, next to the pain that is...that was first hard part.

Quoting Sofiabug:

It has been hard. My head hurts so badly that I am sleeping more than normal.

momof3angela
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:57 PM

But I love your avatar....remember you are Super Mom....this too shall pass...(((HUGS)))

Sofiabug
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:59 PM
Thanks.
I have been trying to hold him as much as I can.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stacy2607
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:28 PM
I know actually how you feel..when I had my first baby 14 yrs ago I wad 16..and the same thing happened to me..the only thing that helped was to lay flat..if I moved at all my head would hurt SO bad..it was so bad I could not even hoLd my baby boy cause I had to lay perfectly still..i was still living with my mom and she had to take care of my son..after about a week of going through this horrible pain my mom knew something want right she called dr and they tis her what it was and she got me an apt the next day to have the patch done..my headache was completely gone after a few hrs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof3angela
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 10:15 AM

Just wanted to bump so when you get the patch today you can let us know if it worked. fingers crossed

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)