Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i hate telemarketers!!!

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:07 PM
  • 15 Replies

i am registered on donotcall.gov.... i still get calls, today i told the guy to put me on the do not call list. . .. his answer. . . .

NO, and if i dont want to get their calls, to not answer my phone.... .

i am irritated! grrrrr, so frustrating!

WTF! My grandma is a debt collector, has been for over 20 years. . .  . and shes telling me to contact the police or an attny for harassment.. .. .

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anikahaynes1
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:08 PM
Dnc is a joke
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lucky2BaMomof2
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:10 PM

i know, and its irratating, i just wish it would actually work!

I mean, theyre not even calling for me, theyre calling for the people who lived here BEFORE us. . . . weve lived here for a year. . .. makes it even more frustrating!

momof3angela
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:18 PM

I do too...especially b/c I have donated money in the past to charities...and now a ton of charities hire professional telemarketers...drives me nuts.

LancesMom
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:38 PM

Go to the FCC. You should be able to find out info on what you can do if they harass you after being on the list. (Its a joke cuz no one follows through and reports people for it. And companies know that)

http://www.donotcallcompliance.com/do-not-call-violation.html

Bmat
by Barb on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:40 PM

We registered again because we were told that sometimes names get dropped.  Unless it is a charity or you have a business relationship with them, isn't it illegal for them to call when you ask to be taken off of their list?

Bmat
by Barb on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:41 PM

We had this with the charity that we went through to donate to Katrina.  We got letters every week and phone calls about as often. I asked them repeatedly to take us off of their call list, and they finally did. And I wrote and asked to be taken off of their mailing list, but they didn't so when the letters come in they go right into recycling.

Quoting momof3angela:

I do too...especially b/c I have donated money in the past to charities...and now a ton of charities hire professional telemarketers...drives me nuts.

Bmat
by Barb on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:42 PM

I hate it especially when the telemarketers are rude.  I understand that people are rude to them, but they give all telemarketers a bad rep when they are rude.

Bmat
by Barb on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:45 PM

My husband's old college, to which he donates every year. Calls about once a month, whether you donate or not, and asks for more.  Now that we have caller ID we don't pick up when they call. They called 7 evenings in a row last week.  I can see one call once a year as a reminder to donate... OK.  But they send the donation letters anyway so really don't need to make the calls. And even if you mail the letter back with a donation, you still get more letters and calls.

Bmat
by Barb on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:47 PM

I had to get tough with a local cemetary business.  They kept calling and I kept saying not interested and asking to be taken off of their list. Finally I said, look, I've asked a number of times now to be taken off of your calling list and it is illegal for you to continue. That did stop the calls.

Bmat
by Barb on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:48 PM

Another one I hate are the calls for police funds, the guy on the other end is always intimidating. And they are hired solicitors too, only a portion of the money goes to the police.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)