Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No diaper at bedtime??

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:26 PM
  • 20 Replies
My dd is doing great with potty training, she's only had to wear a diaper for bedtime. Tomorrow night I'm not going to put a diaper on her. Any suggestions on how I could less'in her chances of peeing her bed??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
3lilmonsters88
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:27 PM
Eh I have no idea. My ds has been doing great potty training during the day but he still wets a diaper at night. I'm going diaperless until his diapers stay dry during the night. Good luck though
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stacy2607
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:30 PM
Make sure she does not drink anything about 2 hrs before bed and have her go potty a couple times before she goes to sleep.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AutumnsMommy00
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:31 PM
Her diapers are normally dry until first thing in the morning then she goes on the potty. She takes a cuppie to bed with her I know I have to take that away from her at bed time, but just wondering if there's anything else I can do
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyA05
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:31 PM

Don't drink anything before going to bed and make sure she goes to the potty also before bed

sarah824
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:35 PM

My DD was potty trained (daytime/naptime) for about a month at just over 2-1/2 and finally said she didn't want a diaper for bed so we tried it. That was just over a year ago and she has not once wet her bed. And she drinks ALL day. She has a cup with milk, water or juice at her disposal all day long. I fill her cup a minimum of 5 or 6 times a day and there have been no night time accidents.

My DS on the other hand wets the bed now and then still and he is 6-1/2 and has been potty trained since he was 2-1/2. And I limit his drinking for the last couple of hours before bed.

MommyA05
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:35 PM

If they wear diapers they will usually pee in them, i train them with underwear instead of pull ups or diapers...it has always been faster for them to be potty trained.Take away her cupat night though.

AutumnsMommy00
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:17 PM
That's what I did I bought like 20 pair of underwear for her and she's done great so far, she's had an accident here of there but I feel like she's ready for the bed time thing, she has a plastic sheet on her bed so I guess ill just see how it goes.. thanks ladys!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GabrielRiley
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:20 PM

When I first started that with my DS I woke him up right before I went to bed, which is usually about 2-3 hours after he goes to sleep, that usually helps with a dry bed.

rpowers12
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:22 PM

First of all does she wake up dry in a diaper? If not she is physically not ready. You cut her off of fluids 2 hours before bedtime and have her potty before you lay her down and I have my husband get our 3 year old up to potty before he goes to sleep at night. So far so good.

MNMamaOf4
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:28 PM

I don't give the girls anything to drink after dinner. Right before they go to bed, they get a small drink (like 2 oz) of water and they go potty. 

Another thing I do with SD (she JUST transitioned to underwear at night) is put her in a pair of training pants rather than regular thin underwear so if she DOES have an accident then it's not much of a mess.

Good Luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)