Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I dont understand it...maybe you have some insight?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:37 PM
  • 30 Replies

I see a lot of you say that you and your SO are raising step- children because the BM are not for whatever reason in the picture.  But, I don't get it.  how can a mom just walk away?  I was wondering if you could give some examples as to why they are not in the picture.  I get that some moms aren't ready, heck I feel stressed out sometimes, but never enough to really walk away.

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rhismom41
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:40 PM
My mom is a step mom to 3 teenagers and their bm is choosing not to see them or talk to them because she's, honestly, mental. She's an awful woman with no care but for herself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:46 PM

I dont understand that either, i could never walk away from my daughter.  But i did used to have a friend and she walked away from her first born.  her reasonings were that her kid was better off with the dad and his parents...she still talked to her kid once in a while, but the longer i knew her, the more spread out the phonecalls were...quite sad honeslty!

MOTHERofTHR3383
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:53 PM
Well I'm a mother that had her kids takin from my ex husband. We split and he didn't call or see them for over a year, so I went to try to get child support, as soon as I did he went and got a lawyer and took me to court for full custody. I didn't have a lawyer and didn't have a stable place to live so guess what he won! He tells me now that the only reason he did it is bc his new wife didn't want him to pay me child support! So I guess I'm on the other end of this post. I didn't in no way shape or form not want my kids.....the court system is fucked up if u ask me!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Autumn19
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:56 PM
Thats is messed up. Hugss mama

Quoting MOTHERofTHR3383:

Well I'm a mother that had her kids takin from my ex husband. We split and he didn't call or see them for over a year, so I went to try to get child support, as soon as I did he went and got a lawyer and took me to court for full custody. I didn't have a lawyer and didn't have a stable place to live so guess what he won! He tells me now that the only reason he did it is bc his new wife didn't want him to pay me child support! So I guess I'm on the other end of this post. I didn't in no way shape or form not want my kids.....the court system is fucked up if u ask me!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MOTHERofTHR3383
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:58 PM
Thank you, I usually get bashed when I tell ppl.

Quoting Autumn19:

Thats is messed up. Hugss mama

Quoting MOTHERofTHR3383:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stacy2607
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:59 PM
I don't understand it either..i could NEVER leave my 8 babies!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MwithV_xo
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:59 PM

It's not just mothers, it's the fathers too.

3totsinabox

Yes, I would say your situation is MESSED up all around.  *hugs*

Quoting MOTHERofTHR3383:

Banae26
The BMs in my skids lives were both alcoholics. Both had had gastric bypass surgery and were alcoholics before the surgeries but afterwards they were hard core alcoholics that did messed up things and could not take care of themselves let alone children. It is sad, because their kids wanted them not a sm to raise them so resented me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ness87
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:02 PM

thats horrible!!! im sorry to hear this,  ((HUGS))

Quoting MOTHERofTHR3383:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)