Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

am i being mean?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:42 PM
  • 21 Replies
My 2 year old DD hasn't eaten any dinner and now that it's close to bed time she wants a snack. I'm saying no, she should've eaten her dinner. She's not picky and will eat anything. So I'm not sure if this is a game or what. What do you say?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
loves4mama
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:44 PM

if my kids dont eat when its itme to eat they dont get anything but maybe a tiny bit of water. its helped my ds learn to eat what i cook, my dd on the other hand still has a bit more to learn.

jjlwallace
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:44 PM

offer her her dinner as a snack.  if ours don't eat or what is typical for them we just leave the plate and that is what they can eat if they are hungry later

Angie211
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:45 PM

My kids are a little older at almost 4 and 9.  If they refuse to eat what I give them for dinner I will not let them have a snack.  Every once in a while I will give in for yogurt.  

lauriebash
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:45 PM

Well, shes only 2. She may not have been hungry at dinner time, I would give her a healthy snack. I am far from perfect, but I didn't insist my boys ate dinner, as long as the food they ate later was healthy.

mommyflynn
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:46 PM

give her a drink and tell her she needs to eat when its meal time

SouthTxPrincess
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:48 PM
um idk my dd is only 15 months old so i kinda have to feed her when she is hungry not a specific time... i would say ur right but i woudnt let her go to bed without eating maybe try a bland snack or something that she will eat but it isnt her fav. so she gets the point eat dinner or eat something u might not like. i hope everything works out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cutelatinmami
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:53 PM

I would give her a snack she just wasnt hungry b4.

sarah824
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:57 PM

Maybe I was mean, but my DS has always been super picky and if he wouldn't eat dinner then he went to bed without. It was his choice to make and still is. He is 6-1/2 and still chooses to go to bed without dinner on occasion. I refuse to fight with him about it or make him a separate dinner so he has to decide. He will whine about being hungry, but he will not be given any sort of a snack if dinner is not eaten.

My DD is not picky, but she doesn't eat much at one sitting so if she getsdown from the dinner table before it is all gone then she can go back to it until bedtime,but again, if she chooses not to eat then there will be no snacks. 

MommyA05
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:00 PM

My kids don't eat supper then they do NOT get a snack, whining or screaming absolutely not!!! you don't eat you don't get a treat and that's that...but that's just me though

momof3angela
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 10:07 AM

If you stuck to your gun's....I bet she will eat tonight.  I probably would have given in an given a healthy snack.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)