Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Something strange in my home??

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:01 PM
  • 21 Replies

I don't even know where to begin to look this up online, or research it but I've been noticing this weird black "stuff" in my home. I can only notice it on white things.. like the toilet seat. I probably sound crazy trying to describe this but I really don't know how. I actually started noticing it on the toilet seat/lid at first it just looked like it was really dirty.. but I have a very clean home.. and it was just like a black film, it wasnt like dust or dirt, just a very thin color of black. I whiped it off and it came right up. When I noticed it the second time I was wondering what in the world it could be.. then I thought maybe the candle on the sink.. just the smoke and stuff settling from the candle burning right next to the toilet. However I ended up taking the candle out and I've noticed it like two or three more times.. and now even in my cabinets in the kitchen! I went to take some of my prenatal vitamins, and the bottle is white and there is that weird black stuff on that to! Next I open my other cabinet and its all over a plastic white cup! Its probably on everything but I only notice it on the white stuff. And now to think about it, if its something bad then my family could be breathing something in. Does anybody have any idea?!! It probably sounds crazy but I don't have a clue what it could be!! What should I do??

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ness87
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:04 PM

not sure, here's a bump!

Banae26
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:04 PM
Black mold?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sarah824
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:05 PM

That would be my guess. I would suggest you find out soon b/c if it is black mold that can be really bad for you.

Quoting Banae26:

Black mold?

allforthelove
by Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:07 PM

is it mold??   or smoke film?  maybe someone is smoking in your house??    idk.   i hope you find out soon.   black mold can be dangerous.   ( take a sample and ask around those who can see it might be more helpful.)

Iluvjandkplus8
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:09 PM
It doesn't sound like mold to me. Maybe your air ducts need cleaned.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-PB
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:09 PM

When was the last time your furnace filter was changed?  either that or black mold.

NewMama4411
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:10 PM

Sounds like a mold to me...

mabelrose
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:12 PM

Examine the black mold to see whether or not it is growing in a circular pattern. Black mold grows in a definitive pattern and does not deviate unless it spreads to an area that lacks moisture. The circular patterns of black mold appear slimy on wet wall surfaces and dry and sooty on areas that were previously moist and have since dried.

Read more: How to Identify Black Mold | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_4597623_identify-black-mold.html#ixzz1Hx0GjVcf

Quoting Banae26:

Black mold?

Lavender_oil3
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:13 PM
?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pamommy20
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:17 PM
U should talk to ur health department they might no
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)