Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My poor little man... *EDIT IN BLUE*

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:58 PM
  • 13 Replies

Well, I took my son to the doctor today for his follow up from the ER Thursday night. She told us that the antibiotic he was taking didn't do it's job, that his double ear infection is back. She prescribed him another one, told us that he doesn't need to take his steriods anymore, but still needs to take his breathing treatments until the cough is completely gone.  She's also going to send him to an allergist, and find out what all he's allergic to, she thinks he's going to need allergy shots. And I asked her, what exactly "hyper reactive airway disease" really is, and she told me it's Asthma.  So just to confirm, I asked her, "So he's an asthmatic."  she nodded and said "yeah, but we need to get his triggers undercontrol before we can determine to what degree his asthma is." That makes sense.  So I asked her why he hadn't been diagnosed before now, and she told me that it's hard to diagnose asthma at a really young age, and she looked through his chart and told me that all his upper respritory infections, and such is now a sign of his asthma. She also told me that his cough that he's had for 2 weeks and the coughing fits to the point of throwing up a bunch of mucus, is an asthma attack.  The breathing treatments are helping him tremendously, and soon he'll be feeling better.  I hope.  I asked him today if he had an bad coughing spells in school, and he said no, they just sat and did some work in school. Tomorrow he has PE, this is going to be interesting..

*Edit* I have made a very hard and heart breaking decission tonight.  Tomorrow I am going to tell him it's either the smoking, or us. It's not going to be easy, but my son comes first. I'm still awake, listening to hear if he starts to have an attack...I've not been sleeping much at all lately, and top it off, I can't even ask him out loud if he will take it outside. I have to text it to him. I have repeated myself so much the past 2 weeks that I told him, "one of these days, I'm not say anything anymore. see how you like it when you can't hear me speak...nagging or not."  then guess what...today i woke up with NO voice at all. irrelivant i know, but still.  I'm taken for granted, and so is our son apparently.  I have often believed that if it had been our youngest son diagnosed with Asthma, he would quite entirely. Rock doesn't deserve this, and neither do I. His ultimatum, "us or the smoking in the house."  the ball is going to be in his park tomorrow....

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NearSeattleMom
by Gold Member on Mar. 29, 2011 at 2:57 AM

feel betterHow old is he?

tickled_pink09
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 2:58 AM

Quoting NearSeattleMom:

feel betterHow old is he?

piwife
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 2:59 AM
Hugs I have asthma and so do my 2kids. They are on singular and pulmicort to control it. They also get albuterol as needed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darkwhisper
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 3:57 AM

he's 5 and a half, and right now he's taking Zithromax for his antibiotic, and Xopenex for his breathing treatments...

darkwhisper
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 3:58 AM

my biggest issue is my husband.  he's not wanting to smoke outside...or quite smoking at all...

Jenn8604
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 4:01 AM
Poor lil man. I'll be praying for him and that his dad will stop smoking.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darkwhisper
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 4:16 AM

Quoting Jenn8604:

Poor lil man. I'll be praying for him and that his dad will stop smoking.

Thank you...i'm tring, and not sleeping much, then husband wants to be a...you know what  about me being tired.

naominpipermom
by Member on Mar. 29, 2011 at 4:30 AM
What?! Second hand smoke kills

Quoting darkwhisper:

my biggest issue is my husband.  he's not wanting to smoke outside...or quite smoking at all...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darkwhisper
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 4:44 AM

I know...i'm having major issues with it...i'm about to the point of leaving and i don't want to do that if i can help it.  if he'll just go outside or something that would be fine....my son is far too precious to me for him to be smoking in the house.

Quoting naominpipermom:

What?! Second hand smoke kills

Quoting darkwhisper:

snowbear74
by on Mar. 30, 2011 at 2:20 AM

he needs to smoke outside smoke is a Big trigger for a lot of asthmatics(I have it ,DH and DS have it also).If you have to get the dr to talk to him about it.Your Dh needs to think about his son (and himself)Asthma is nothing to fool with and it can kill you.look up ALL the info you can about asthma and present it to your DH as well maybe once he knows how bad smoking around your son is he will start going outside or better yet quit .

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)