Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Looking into ecadamy for my 8 year old next year or homeschooling. Anyone know anything about them

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:38 PM
  • 3 Replies

My 8 year old gets great grades but sometimes struggles with being challenged and gets picked on alot. I never sent her to pre-k ( taught her at home) also did half day kinder so the other half the day was the same. It seemed she learned so much more with the one on one instead of 24 on one. any thoughts from moms that homeschool and moms that dont:)

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
NoraDun
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:53 PM

Well I personally was home-schooled my junior and senior year of highschool. I hated school, I was harassed and terrorized constantly! Plus I was engaged and planning my wedding so it worked out well. If I hadn't of homeschool I would of been married, then pregnant my senior year....in that order :)

Anyway as far as my child...I home-schooled my oldest for preschool against my moms advice. She is a special ed teacher who believes preschool is a great thing. I personally believer we are too quick to push our children on to other people to raise. Anyway I taught him a lot so academically he was ahead for Kindergarten. I decided to let him go simply b/c I am not organized enough to teach him and take care of my two youngest. I believe without organization you shouldn't homeschool. Anyway he was different at school then the other kids, he was sweeter, and gentler so they didn't understand him at first. Now he is doing really well...he still gets picked on sometimes...but he is almost so loving that he doesn't notice it as much as I do LOL what he does notice he doesn't let bother him to much. If there is EVER a day that I truely feel that he is having too much issue at school with children picking after him then I will yank him out! People just don't raise there children the way they should these days so it makes school even more difficult!

I am a 24 yr old Mommy to two boys Xavier O'Neal Age5 Malachi O'Mari Age 2 and one baby girl Laylah-Marie Elizabeth (7mn)! I have been married to my wonderful Husband, Quentin, for 6 yrs and our children are our life! I am truely blessed!                                             

NearSeattleMom
by Gold Member on Mar. 29, 2011 at 3:01 AM

My teenagers have been enrolled in "virtual" school for 6 years.  It's through the public school system but they do school at home.

Next year, I'm putting my 8-year old in a charter school that does the same thing--provides curriculum that she will do at home.  (She'll go to class one day a week.)

Good luck! 

U.S.ArmyWife
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 10:35 AM

i was homeschooled from 7th to the end of high school. i hated it. i would have perfered to be in classroom with others

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)