Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

I look like I have two black eyes!

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2011 at 11:01 AM
  • 9 Replies

I have had dark under eye circles for several years but they are really bad now! The skin actually looks bruised. Very dark purple and green/yellow tinted. Concealer does ok to cover it up but you can still tell I have dark circles.

I definitely get enough sleep and drink enough water. Are there any products out there that I can get at a drug store type place that will help? Thanks!

by on Apr. 10, 2011 at 11:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
HeartsLove
by on Apr. 10, 2011 at 11:14 AM

Have you talked to your doctor? It could be a symptom of an underlying problem. You should try to figure out "why" before you resort to just covering it up

xElizabethx
by on Apr. 10, 2011 at 11:58 AM

I talked to my dermatologist about it and he said it was probably just genetics and not drinking enough water. He suggested a series of chemical peels after using a retinal-a cream for 4 months. I'm impatient and that is expensive!

HeartsLove
by on Apr. 10, 2011 at 12:05 PM

Quoting xElizabethx:

I talked to my dermatologist about it and he said it was probably just genetics and not drinking enough water. He suggested a series of chemical peels after using a retinal-a cream for 4 months. I'm impatient and that is expensive!

Ow no I wouldn't wanna do that either! I would talk to my regular doctor, I remember mine telling me something about dark circles meaning something, but I can't remember what. I have a clotting disorder and I know they suspect my DD has it too because she always looks like she's been punched in the eye

Iluvjandkplus8
by on Apr. 10, 2011 at 12:05 PM
I have them too. I've also heard it can be allergies. I've never found anything that helps. Good luck! Update if you find anything that works.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof3angela
by on Apr. 11, 2011 at 10:42 AM

I recently saw a commercial for this very issue but for the life of me can't remember what the product was....will try to find it for you.

Bmat
by Barb on Apr. 11, 2011 at 10:44 AM

My friend had something like this and was told it was allergies.

momof3angela
by on Apr. 11, 2011 at 10:47 AM
Bmat
by Barb on Apr. 11, 2011 at 10:49 AM

I googled concealer dark circles and found a few articles, mainly they said the color of concealer depends on the color of the dark circle.

Quote:

A good concealer for dark circles under the eyes should have a yellow base. Yellow combats blue tones, which includes shadows and fine blood vessels near the surface of the skin.

http://styles101.homestead.com/corrective2.html

Bmat
by Barb on Apr. 11, 2011 at 10:52 AM

I thought I remembered to use green concealer, but some of the articles I found said no, use yellow, and some said use green.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN