Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What Parent does that???

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:11 AM
  • 31 Replies

OMG so my niece came home from preschool today and the school sent out a note to all the parents saying they been having complaints about parents leaving younger kids in the car by themselves while they go sign in their kids in the cafeteria...i was schocked to read that note!!!! I dont care how much in a hurry you are or how fast you think you can take in your child something can happen to those kids left behind in the car by themselves, the cafeteria is not very close to the parking lot i mean dont they think what can happen!!!! ****IN MY OPINION**** THAT says lazy parent...i would NEVER leave my child alone in the car!!!

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kmencl3210
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:12 AM

i completely agree... i couldnt even imagine doing that. to any child

JocelynsMommy30
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:22 AM

Quoting kmencl3210:

i completely agree... i couldnt even imagine doing that. to any child

I cant either...im to paranoid when it comes to something like that.

mypbandj
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:42 AM
How old? I leave my 10 and 13 yr old in the car.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama2mycuties
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:48 AM

I have lots of opinions about lazy parenting ;) in this situation there are going to be a few variables before i would judge anything.

JocelynsMommy30
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:16 AM

Quoting mypbandj:

How old? I leave my 10 and 13 yr old in the car.

a 13 year old is a teen i dont consider it dangerous to leave a teen in the car but in the note it said YOUNGER KIDS....i took that as younger than the preschool ones...which in my opinion its not right,

Sharon7772
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:22 AM

They just did a Dr. Phil show about a woman who was arrested for walking just a short, within-sight, distance from her car when her kid was in it.

I am surprised these Moms haven't been arrested yet............

JocelynsMommy30
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:27 AM

Quoting Sharon7772:

They just did a Dr. Phil show about a woman who was arrested for walking just a short, within-sight, distance from her car when her kid was in it.

I know! what bothers me most about it is just last year my little brother went to that school its a preschool/elementary school well anyways within a year we got 2 phone calls saying that in different occasions and different little girls we're bothered by a man while they were walking to school i mean come on i wouldnt feel good leaving my children knowing something like that can happen to them!

Sharon7772
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:33 AM

What happened to the Good Ol' days when I waited for the bus or went out to play with my friends at 6yrs of age and older without my parents having to worry about abduction?????? What the heck is happening to our country??

Quoting JocelynsMommy30:

Quoting Sharon7772:

I know! what bothers me most about it is just last year my little brother went to that school its a preschool/elementary school well anyways within a year we got 2 phone calls saying that in different occasions and different little girls we're bothered by a man while they were walking to school i mean come on i wouldnt feel good leaving my children knowing something like that can happen to them!

JocelynsMommy30
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:16 PM

Quoting Sharon7772:

What happened to the Good Ol' days when I waited for the bus or went out to play with my friends at 6yrs of age and older without my parents having to worry about abduction?????? What the heck is happening to our country??

Quoting JocelynsMommy30:

Quoting Sharon7772:

So many Crazy ppl in this world its so hard to feel safe now.a.days!!

FordMama
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:19 PM

I wouldn't leave my children alone in the car either.  That is negligent parenting in my opinion.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)