Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

craigslist and freecycle posts

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:15 AM
  • 10 Replies

what kinds of things do u post for giving away on freecycle?

what things do u look for in other posts that u may want?

same questions for craigslist posts....

and which do u prefer? craigslist or freecycle?

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nowaygourmet
by Gold Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:17 AM

i look for the things that i am running thin on or things i have that are worn out.  today i was able to get a sofa from freecycle. i have asked for one several times but no one answered my post. i just got lucky today. while the sofa i got today is quite used it is still in better shape than the one i had. i am freecycling the sofa i had up til now back to someone who doesn't have a sofa at all. so it's a win win for both of us.

Jenn8604
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:20 AM
never used either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MumsTheWord571
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:20 AM

I like both.

I have listed furniture on both. if I can't sell it, no one I know wants it I will list it for free.

I have listed baby clothes on Freecycle, books, magazines, a water filter.

I look for books, furniture I need, and maternity clothes!

Ariellasmom
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:31 AM
I have used craigslist a lot. I just recently posted a 3 shelf glass table for sale. I bought my daughters crib on there. Never really used freecycle before. In fact I didn't even know it existed till a week ago.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nowaygourmet
by Gold Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:05 AM

Quoting Ariellasmom:

I have used craigslist a lot. I just recently posted a 3 shelf glass table for sale. I bought my daughters crib on there. Never really used freecycle before. In fact I didn't even know it existed till a week ago.

freecycle is amazing i love it.

i do like craigslist too tho. i have gotten a free sofa hidabed from there and i also got a 75 gallon fish tank with the hood for $150. that's a steal! i also was able to acquire a free filter from there for the tank as well.

i sold a bed on there and got back what i had into it. really tho it was a beautiful bed and i hated to have to sell it but i didn't have anywhere to put it, we were moving. actually we sold a ton of stuff on craigslist. from bbq grill, basketball goal, dh's tools, an exercise machine, our clothes dryer and lots of other things that aren't popping into my head at this time. i asked for fair prices tho, prices that i would be willing to pay for them if i were to buy them myself.

Habibti812
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:51 AM

I've posted furniture, toys, clothes etc. on Freecycle.. I haven't gotten anything..

The only thing I've ever posted on craigslist is our house.. Still haven't sold it tho. ugh,.

pigpinsgurl313
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:53 AM

on craigslist I am trying to sell some bowflex equipment.  I haven't used freecycle yet but I look at it all the time.  I am sure I'll use it one day.

Sweets27
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:03 AM

On freecycle I usually give away kids clothes or toys. I usually look for kids stuff as well. When I look on craigslist it's for something specific that I am in need of.  

Kiwismommy19
by Diamond Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:28 AM
I've never used craigslist. On freecycle, I post misc things. Basically fill a box with things we don't want/need anymore and post when it's full. I don't request things on there but if something sounds cool I'll respond. I recently got 6 huge boxes of books because they got the electronic things and didn't want the "real" books anymore. Awesome!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ariellasmom
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:50 PM
Well I look at Craigslist almost everytime I wanna buy something this is the first time that I actually posted something to sell up there.

Quoting nowaygourmet:

Quoting Ariellasmom:

freecycle is amazing i love it.

i do like craigslist too tho. i have gotten a free sofa hidabed from there and i also got a 75 gallon fish tank with the hood for $150. that's a steal! i also was able to acquire a free filter from there for the tank as well.

i sold a bed on there and got back what i had into it. really tho it was a beautiful bed and i hated to have to sell it but i didn't have anywhere to put it, we were moving. actually we sold a ton of stuff on craigslist. from bbq grill, basketball goal, dh's tools, an exercise machine, our clothes dryer and lots of other things that aren't popping into my head at this time. i asked for fair prices tho, prices that i would be willing to pay for them if i were to buy them myself.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)