Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would YOU have a home birth? Why? Why not?

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:40 PM
  • 117 Replies
My husband and I are still debating home birth vs hospital birth. I really want more control over my birth next time, but I am worried of course.....what did/would you do?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama2mycuties
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:42 PM

I would never consider a home birth unassisted....I would want some type of nurse etc there. Only because of my past experiences with my childrens health though. I wont be having any more kids but I had wanted a birthing center this last time, or at the least a midwife but we dont have ANY of those things here ;(

okhsmom
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:44 PM

I have super fast and easy labor so after my first I thought I'd want this.  I never really entertained it beyond just kind of thinking it would be neat.  In the end, I had a very traumatic birth/delivery with my youngest.  She would not have survived a homebirth.  Based on my experiences, it isn't wise to have a home delivery.

Beautifulmom513
by Bronze Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:44 PM

i would. my aunt gave birth to all 3 of my cousins at home with no assistance. she had no problems whatsoever. i would love to do it too cuz i hate hospitals and all that. but my husband is not as comfortable with it. but he is willing to do it at a birthing center. and i would totally do a birthing center. so we might do it that way next time.

MaddiesMama09
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:45 PM
I would love to think that I could have a home birth but the fear of complications really is just not worth the risk for me. My last pregnancy was high risk (gestational diabetes) so I had to be monitored closely. I think home birthing is great, it's just not for everyone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaBear2cubs

I wouldn't have a home birth because I like my epidurals.

Rychelle

well we are not having more kids.. but if i was to have another id not do a home birth for myself. im all for it for other people if thats what they want.. but im high risk when pregnant so i need to be induced and monitored. and also having my 2nd need to be taken tothe NICU id just feel its safer for mine and the baby's health to be a the hospital. thats said ive always used a Midwife with an OBGYN that works withthem, who is very pro natural and water birth,and letting the mom lead the labor.

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Momsthename0609
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:46 PM
I have had 2 hospital births and 1 homebirth. I liked my home birth better.

I had okay hospital births, but I was induced both times and made to lay in bed the whole time.

I wasn't induced with my homebirth, I was allowed to walk around and labor the way I felt like. I also didn't have different nurses coming in and trying to check me all the time, and each nurse would say something different, when asked something.

I had the same MW for care and birthing, they knew my birth plan and helped me stay on track.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheyAreMyLoves
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:47 PM
No. I wouldn't. Birth is messy and I prefer to not have to clean up all that blood and fluid. Plus, I like my drugs.
I think home birthing is awesome and should be encouraged, though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jillg24
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:49 PM

Me too Mama....I had a broken tail bone during my delivery so even though I had a short labor it was painful. Epiurals are great.

I also was very high risk.

Quoting MamaBear2cubs:

Kiwismommy19
by Diamond Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:53 PM
Haha! Me too!
We only have the one with no plans for more. But with her heart problems I'd be scared to not be at the hospital.

Quoting MamaBear2cubs:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)