Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How nervous were you during your first pregnancy?

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:34 PM
  • 13 Replies
While pregnant with your first (or only) how nervous were you? Did you have any fears that looking back seem silly?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LancesMom
by Gold Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:08 PM

I had a few fears and some crazy dreams! Yes looking back it was silly!

Sharon7772
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:13 PM

The biggest fear I had was the loss of my freedom. My Hubby worked out of town all week, so I could go anywhere, anytime.

I used to travel to dog shows almost every weekend, and go to the movies every week to see all the new movies.

I was right, I no longer get to travel, and I don't get to see all the new movies when they come out any more. But I wouldn't trade my LO's for the world...............

Bmat
by Barb on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:23 PM

No, I had no worries, I never expected other than a smooth pregnancy and delivery.

mamakenzi
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:52 PM

I was a nervous wreck the entire time.  But her dad took off the minute I found out, I was barely making it, I worked midnights, was high risk.  It just sucked.  At around 5 months I did have a funny break down.  I was making that box spaghetti crap, you know the kraft spaghetti kit where you add tomato sauce?  Well I was making that and forgot about it on the stove.  When I walked back into the kitchen it had bubbled over.  I literally sat in my kitchen floor craying about how I couldn't even make crappy spaghetti, how was I going to take care of a kid.

MrsRobinson06
by Silver Member on Apr. 14, 2011 at 10:12 AM

I really didn't have any fears while I was pregnant but after I had her, I had a ton. I suddenly realized that it was up to me to provide for this being.

momof3angela
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 10:16 AM

Ignorance was bliss for me....LOL  I had nothing to compare it to and I knew baby and I were healthy.  I guess the level of pain and not knowing was the worst part....that anticipation.

rHOPEb
by Silver Member on Apr. 14, 2011 at 10:17 AM

NOPE!  :)  I tried to enjoy each moment....good and bad.  The only thing that really made me nervous would be the testing done at the appointments......I thought 'what if something was wrong' or 'what if something was wrong with me'......but everything was fine!  :)

pookah1203
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 10:18 AM
No. I had no fears. Whatsoever. Now I would though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MKlein
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 10:24 AM

I was not really scared the first time I got preggo but since that ended in a miscarriage I was super nervous during my second and though slightly less i was still nervous for the third 

MaddiesMama09
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 10:26 AM
I am a natural born worrier. It runs through my veins. I take after every woman in my family. I wish I was able to enjoy my first pregnancy more, although I was high risk (gestational diabetes). I was also worried about miscarriage, pre term labor or the cord being wrapped around her neck. I was a wreck.

Now I'm pregnant again and have eased up a little but I've got one more week in my first trimester so the miscarriage risk still panics me. I worry because I feel great! How ridiculous is that? I think sometimes I worry worse with this one because I'm constantly comparing my two pregnancies. They are completely different!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)