Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

anger issues

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:06 PM
  • 9 Replies
My daughter has some serious anger issues... she's 7, anyone have any ideas on how I can turn her negative issues into positive?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
AutumnsMommy00
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:09 PM
Reward her everytime she doesn't something positive. Is she around anyone who yells a lot or some one she may see having anger issues?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
definedclefts
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:10 PM
No not really. But I know when and how it started
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Habibti812
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:12 PM

Have you considered having her talk to someone outside of the situation? Maybe something is bothering her...

LancesMom
by Gold Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:59 PM

Quoting definedclefts:

No not really. But I know when and how it started

Is this something she could talk to someone about? Like a counselor?

mamakenzi
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:42 PM

Either reinforce positive behavior or maybe take her to a therapist.

brandy.emily
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:44 PM

I had really bad anger when I was young.  Honestly, I used to bite pillows because it was nondestructive and my parents wouldn't yell at me.  Maybe you could give her a diary to write out her feelings in.  If she allows, maybe you could read it with her after she writes in it so you can help her with it.  Maybe getting her involved in a sport to release some of that pent up anger...hitting a ball does wonders when your angry.

definedclefts
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 3:05 AM
A friend suggested karate or softball. But her biological dad told her he didnt want her and his grandmother who was still in her life stopped seeing her and then would make plans and shoot her down the day before. And then 4 th of July of 2009 her great great grandmother passed. It's been rough for her. I thought of doing a therapists but she doesn't open up to ppl.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamakenzi
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 3:09 AM
A therapist knows how to get people to open up. I would try it.

Quoting definedclefts:

A friend suggested karate or softball. But her biological dad told her he didnt want her and his grandmother who was still in her life stopped seeing her and then would make plans and shoot her down the day before. And then 4 th of July of 2009 her great great grandmother passed. It's been rough for her. I thought of doing a therapists but she doesn't open up to ppl.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof3angela
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 4:59 PM

as soon as she starts to get angry....have a plan...whether it's to sit her down and have her write what is making her mad....or have her try to articulate what she is thinking and feeling at that very moment.  This may help at times to diffuse the anger.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)