Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please advice. (repost due to no replies)

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:52 PM
  • 25 Replies

I honestly am at a loss for what to do anymore. DH went to his counselor, she said, and I quote "get over it and accept that your life sucks." What the f*** is wrong with this woman?! I seriously would like to beat her ass! Hes so depressed at this point, i just watched him cry and ive never seen him cry, ever. His uncle lives here at his moms house with us and his grandmother who has alzheimers. He totally takes advantage of everything. Hubby has been working on a garden for grandma. Since DH was hit by a car, he hasnt been able to work on the garden, so his uncle destroyed it! it tore DH up, i could see it in his face. I buy all the food here, his uncle eats soooo f***ing much, like a loaf of bread a day! Its sickening, hes taking food from my child basically and I hate him for the way he takes advantage of my DH. I really do hate that motherf***er. I know its wrong but I do. His mom wont do anything, not a damn thing. I wash her f***ing dirty underwear for her!!!! Im pregnant with her grandchild and she wants me to shampoo her f***ing carpet?!  F*** That!

I cant watch DH go thru this anymore, hes completely destroyed. he feels like a failure cuz he cant work since the car incident and he says he dosent feel like a man cuz he cant get us our own place now! I dont know what to do, im just bawling. Its killing me. and im scared for my baby cuz im so damn stressed im afraid i might lose this baby! I dont know what to do or wear to turn cuz i feel like i have to be the strong one now for DH so he dosent slip further.

Im scared and im tired.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brandi2781
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:00 PM

I wish I had advice, but I dont. I wish you the best and just stay strong!!

kristy0833
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:02 PM

do you work

navywifey2006
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:02 PM

sounds like you guys need your own place.

TattoodMommy19
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:04 PM

Quoting kristy0833:

do you work

No, im a full time law student and I also have a 3 year old daughter so I dont work at this point, simply no time

CafeMom Tickers
proudmommytoOJ
by Silver Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:06 PM

first of all, calm down. being overly stressed is not good for you or the baby. it seems like you guys need to move out and be on your own, more privacy for the 3 of you will be a lot better. DH needs to find a daily distraction to help him cope with his inability to work, like online business, or daily park walking, etc. Good luck.

elynne75
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:06 PM

contact the agency the therapist is through...is she independent or part of a group?  Someone needs to know this was said to him.  I am very sorry for all this.  Try to convince to see someone else.  I know it'll be hard, but he needs to see someone based on your post.  Sounds like it might be in your best interest, too. Just to get out your feelings.

OliviaW.

Quoting brandi2781:

I wish I had advice, but I dont. I wish you the best and just stay strong!!

SanDiegoMaxMom

1.  Get a new counselor.

2.  You and your hubby need to have a tlk with uncle and have some ground rules.

3.  Make a plan to get your own place.  Make baby steps toward this goal.

Good luck :-)

MommyOK
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:07 PM

It is a tough situation. I'm sorry mamma. As far as the food goes....can you keep your own stuff in your own room? Like maybe get s small fridge..and dedicate a cabinet for other foods...so at least your stuff is in your room .....and it would be really messed up if someone went in there to eat your food. And as bad as it is your DH really does need your support. I know it sounds like a lot.....And how about you stop picking up after everyone? It may not be ideal but hey how much can you do? HUGS!!!

Debalexxa
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:10 PM
Is there anywAY possible to move out ...not sure where u live any assistance ......
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)