Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ok, i need some help.

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:57 PM
  • 10 Replies
Ok, so I have suffered with acne most of my life. My father has scares all over his face and my mom gets them pretty bad too. My ob put me on Yaz because I also have pmdd. Anyway. So I have really oilly skin and I'm always washing my face (which isn't bad now) But now my chest is starting to break out bad! And SO comes home next week and I wanna look good for him!
Any tips ladies??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brandi2781
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:05 PM

My face use to break out all the time. I use cetaphil facial soap to wash it now and lotion too even though my skin is oily. They also make a body wash that can help. It is dermatologist recommended

spcjones203
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:06 PM

Proactiv! They even have body washes!

Come join us at Fanfiction Writers UNITED!

mamakenzi
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:40 PM

I would use clean and clear on it. 

brandy.emily
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:41 PM

Quoting spcjones203:

This...the only issue is there shipping can take awhile.  Our mall has a proactive dispenser thing that you can purchase it out of..it's pretty cool.  Works great too! 

Christy644
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 2:10 AM

tan!!!! Seriously. I break out on my chest too. I will tan and it seems to take away from how vad it really is.

earthangel1967
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 3:07 AM

OTC stuff wasnt working for a couple of our teens so we took them to the dermatologist and they were using topical prescription products as well as topical antibiotics and one daughter had to take oral antibiotics as well and that helped a lot.

The one prescription I STRONGLY ADVISE EVERYONE AGAINST Is Accutane (its a pill) its just not worth the risk, there have literally been otherwise normal healthy happy people who became psychotic and even killed themselves suddenly from taking that. I wouldnt let my kids take it no matter how great it works on acne.

YVONNE

earthangel1967
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 3:08 AM

I am surprised Proactiv was suggested bc when I read tons of online consumer reviews and ratings various places online the vast majority were negative and a lot of people even said it made their skin worse! 

M.I.A...P.O.W
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 7:25 AM

I use a store brand called Acne Free that is basically the same thing as Proactiv, except you can buy it in the store. If you buy the starter kit it is around 20.00. I don't buy the kit anymore I just buy the large size bottle of the cleaner, Neutragena alcohol-free toner, and face lotion (orginial Olay, pink).

One thing I have learned over the years if when you wash your face, make sure you moisterize it after. If the skin is dry it can make your oil glands go into hyperdrive and make you acne worse.

Quoting spcjones203:

Thank you TheGreatCthulhu for the siggy!!!!

MrsRobinson06
by Silver Member on Apr. 14, 2011 at 10:08 AM

Proactiv works great!

okhsmom
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 10:21 AM

There are a number of prescription products that are very helpful.  My boys take an oral and use a topical antibiotic.  They use cetaphyl cleanser. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)