Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

*****Good Tip from my dr about colds*****

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:07 PM
  • 6 Replies

my dd, ds, dh & I have been fighting this cold off for about 2 weeks. it comes and goes. its a regular cold, nothing serious. but its persisting, so i thought i would take dd to the dr, even though it was not a bad cold, i was concerned because it was persistent & she had the worst symptoms. but fever never got more than 100 degrees during this whole time.

I already threw out 2 rounds of toothbrushes for the entire family because i know that helps. but the dr told me to soak the tooth brushs in mouthwash then take it out and rinse off with water and brush as you normally would. every one gets their own cup. label it. keep them soaking until about a week or so after everyones symptoms have gone. replace the mouthwash every 1-2 days and throw out tooth brushes once a week until all symptoms are gone.

and this is the second day.... and its working!!!!!!! just wanted to share this awsome tip with everyone.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mumma2brayden
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:08 PM
Bump
kristybaby2
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:09 PM

awesome thanks. me and the kids are getting "it" definetly gonna try this!!!

SanDiegoMaxMom
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:28 PM

We always sanitize our toothbrushes with mouthwash after each brush.  Out dentist recommended this.

Bmat
by Barb on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:05 PM

Thank you! This is something I wondered about. I even called my dentist's office, they said mainly they threw them out, but they also put them in the dishwasher.

momof3angela
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 3:45 PM

We are faithful about using peroxide for our toothbrushes.  and changing them often..... Glad all of you are finally getting better.

hws060504
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 7:20 PM

Thanks!  We replace our toothbrushes pretty often, but never clean them.  This is a great tip!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)