Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

has anyone used a no-cry sleep solution?

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 12:45 AM
  • 12 Replies

hi there-

my husband and i have been co-sleeping with our 9-month-old baby girl. but now we're running into a problem where she just won't go to sleep at night unless my face is touching hers. if we put her down, she just cries. i won't let her cry it out, and now my husband and i are fighting over it.  i love co-sleeping with her, but she needs to learn to fall alseep on her own. has anyone tried a no-cry method?  did it work?

thanks so much! 

and if you'd like, please check out my blog: www.tulipandthelma.com

i appreciate the help!  :)

-janet
www.tulipandthelma.com

by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 12:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NANA0819
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 12:51 AM
no help here...my ds won't co-sleep even if we wanted him to lol so here's a BUMP!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ChivosPet
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 12:55 AM

You could try playing with her and just wear her out before bed, so that way she's too tired to fuss for very long.

aubreysmom2010
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 12:59 AM
Were trying as we speak. Im having the same issue with my daugther. Hopefully it will work. My goal is just to have her in her own bed by her first birthday.
mylosmom89
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:04 AM

u can try getting her to sleep first and then put her to bed

FreeSpriT4eva
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:07 AM
No I didn't..all 4 of my kids co-slept wit me or us til they were 1 1/2 -2..my 2 yr old still pitter patter her lil self in the room in the middle of the nite..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tulipandthelma
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:46 AM

thanks for the replies!  t's now 10:41 pm (i'm in ca, so pacific time) and she's not asleep yet...this can't be good for her! she fell asleep in my arms around 8, so i transferred her to the crib, but then she woke up crying and won't go back to sleep.  i've spent the last 2 hours trying to get her to sleep.  :(

blondie.mom
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:55 AM
Bump for when I'm not mobile, I've used this method and LOVE the book
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ChivosPet
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:23 AM
Quoting mylosmom89:

u can try getting her to sleep first and then put her to bed

IMPO this is a bad idea because she fell asleep with you then when she woke up and you were suddenly gone, probably would scare her. Kids that young dont totally process "oh mom put me in my own bed" before they freak out because moms gone
DatilPepperMom
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 5:59 AM

Wish I could help but I used a "cry it out" solution that resolved itself in 3 nights.

Mrs.Pedro
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 6:08 AM

Maybe try starting to put her down when she's asleep for naps and just sitting next to where she will be so when she wakes up you're there. Then if that goes well for a certain amount of time try doing it at night too.

My son never co-slept and switched to his own room and crib easily at 3 months..So, I never had that problem. As he got older he started fighting sleep so I had to let him fuss for a few minutes...Like he was very sleepy when it was time for bed but he wouldn't fall asleep...So, I just put him down and let him fuss but he has always been so sleepy he just falls asleep a minute or two later.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)