Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

pregnant and cant sleep good

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 3:59 AM
  • 16 Replies
Any adivice on how I can sleep? The main thing that keeps me up is pain in my right leg...but either way I want sleep
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 3:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jenn8604
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 4:09 AM
idk i slept good. of course working midnights helped on that one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaddiesMama09
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 4:11 AM
I'm only 12 weeks and have horrible insomnia. Mine is because of my awful indigestion and heartburn. Laying down is painful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beeber
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 4:23 AM
I had that till last week....bu I can't find a way to sleep

Quoting MaddiesMama09:

I'm only 12 weeks and have horrible insomnia. Mine is because of my awful indigestion and heartburn. Laying down is painful.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momof3smoochies
by Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 4:26 AM

Put a thick pillow in between your legs and take some tylenol for the pain.

hws060504
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 8:06 AM

So sorry you're having sleep issues!  I agree with the person that said to put a pillow between your legs.  It will help align your body and take away some of the pain.  If you're still having issues, talk to your OB about whether Simply Sleep is OK for you to take.  It's basically just Benadryl packaged as a sleep aide.  My OB OKed a pill a night when I needed it, but it may not be recommended for everyone.

ceciliam
by Cecilia on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:12 AM

I remember it being difficult to sleep at the end of my pregnancy. Have you tried putting a pillow in between your legs? They have pregnancy pillows....maybe that will help.

aamommy2011
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:18 AM

pop a benadryl......just 1. my dr said it was fine when i was prego and couldnt sleep

Bmat
by Barb on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:15 PM

Do you have a recliner you can sleep in? or can you tilt your mattress up or layer pillows so you are inclined?  Try working with a pillow between your legs or under your knees and see if you can find a comfortable position.

Oliviyah
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:16 PM
pillows!
My back has been killing me used pillows underneath it so much better
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3lilmonsters88
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:19 PM
I remember the pain in my right leg...I used a body pillow to alleviate some of the pain. I also took some tylenol for the pain. My pain went away immediately after delivery though so that's something to look forward to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)