Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

did u go get any of the free stuff for earth day?

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:19 AM
  • 19 Replies

i got up early and went to lowe's to get my free tree. dh works til 4 and i figured they would be out of them by then so i went early. they are only giving away one million. i figure considering all the stores across the nation and canada if they are up there too that one million trees divided into so many stores that our little store wouldn't have many. i figured there would be lots of people there but there weren't. i was right about not many to give away tho they only had 3 boxes of sapplings .

i'm excited, cuz we bought 2 spruces 2yrs ago and planted them but we moved shortly afterward. we took the trees with us and they were doing great. i had to leave them at my mil's for a few months. i put them where they would do just fine but she moved them out into the full sun and never watered them so they died. mil killed my baby trees after i had spent a year nursing them. i was pissed but nothing i could do. we bought a house last summer but most of the trees are dead from neglect so i'm excited  to get the free tree. dumb i know but i love trees and plants and i can't wait for it to get big enuf to move outside and plant in the ground..

Hop on over to Dental Talk

by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AM-BRAT
by Amber on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:25 AM

Cool! We don't have a Lowes, but I got a reusable bag from Target and fully intented to get a free cup of tea from starbucks- but don't have a reusable mug. I used to, DH lost it. Crappy huh!

nowaygourmet
by Gold Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:37 AM

Quoting AM-BRAT:

Cool! We don't have a Lowes, but I got a reusable bag from Target and fully intented to get a free cup of tea from starbucks- but don't have a reusable mug. I used to, DH lost it. Crappy huh!

i haven't decided on starbucks yet. but i know they will have enuf if i go, lol.

what's the reusable target bag look like?

sweettigeress
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:38 AM

i didn't get a chance to get out. My baby prevents me from doing a lot of things. lol!

ceciliam
by Cecilia on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:55 AM

I wanted to go but didn't. What kind of tree did you get?

We are having more arborvitaes put in this Spring. Every year we plant new trees. Last year my husband got me a beautiful weeping cherry.

HaileysMom07180
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:00 AM

we planted a baby tree at my mils house about 5 years ago.  We babied that tree too.  She is losing her house now and we are really sad because we worked so hard on that entire back yard.  We surrounded the tree with beautiful grey rocks.  A few days after we planted it, our dog pulled it out and dragged it across the yard.  We put it back, put the rocks back and another 3 days later, a weed grew out of the hole where she chewed on the trunk.  LOL so we had to dig that out.  Somehow the tree thrived completely and is now taller than her house.

Ariellasmom
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:16 AM
Um I thought earth day was April 30th
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweettigeress
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:24 AM

It was yesterday.

Quoting Ariellasmom:

NarutoSasukeSakuraKiba Hinata Shino  InoShikamaruChoji Neji   Lee  Tenten

3totsinabox
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:28 AM

damn i read this too late, i forgot to go get my free tree.  I did plant a vegetable garden this year though.  hope it works out, it has been two weeks and i still have not seen any sign out real life.shrugging

Ariellasmom
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:33 AM
Ya sure? Thought yesterday was good friday

Quoting sweettigeress:

It was yesterday.

Quoting Ariellasmom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweettigeress
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:37 AM

Yes, it was all over CM. 

http://www.apples4theteacher.com/holidays/earth-day/when-is-earth-day.html

Quoting Ariellasmom:

Ya sure? Thought yesterday was good friday

Quoting sweettigeress:

It was yesterday.

Quoting Ariellasmom:

NarutoSasukeSakuraKiba Hinata Shino  InoShikamaruChoji Neji   Lee  Tenten

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)