Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

has anyone had their wedding band and engagement ring made into one ring?

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:40 PM
  • 34 Replies
mine are 2 separate rings. no little dohicky to make them click together. they were bought as a set and somehow they are different sizes. i have been entertaining making them into one single ring but i worry that as i get older my finger gets fatter they will be to tight. mine are black hills gold and hard to work with so idk how easy they will be to size afterward. so curious how many of u also have 2 separate rings and what u think about my making one out of 2.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
poshkat
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:43 PM

i have not but i dont wear my engagment ring, it is too tall and it gets stuck on sweaters and shirts. very annoying. if you ring gets too bug or too small you could always re-size it, its what i did when i gained weight and now that im losing it i will resize again when i finish losing the weight

sagi07
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:43 PM

When i was married i had mine sodered together.  If your fingers get bigger they should be able to size it up...IDK tho

Aqua_Jen
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:44 PM

You can either have them soldered together, which will be cheaper for now or you can actually have a new half shank put on so they are one piece of gold in the back. A new half shank will run quite a bit depending on how wide your rings are but is easier to work with later on down the road when you need to have it sized. Also, why do you say your rings are hard to work with now?

nowaygourmet
by Gold Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:45 PM
i've asked how much it would cost to size them and solder them together but no one will tell me cuz its black hills gold and so soft they don't even want to attempt it.

Quoting sagi07:

When i was married i had mine sodered together.  If your fingers get bigger they should be able to size it up...IDK tho

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaygarcia97
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:47 PM

mine are sodered together. They arent a match though my engagement ring is a three stone and my wedding band is a five stone "anniversary' ring. I never found a band I liked to match my engagement ring. 

mama2mycuties
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:47 PM

I just had *one* ring for this marriage (its my second).....but i've been worried lately I might have to have it cut off.........I can't get it off no matter what i try :(

Honeybun09
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:48 PM

I got them sautered!

kjbennett26
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:48 PM

Mine are sodered together.

justgrape723
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:49 PM

we took 3 rings and had them made as one. I had them go up a size because then the ring was thick and in order to fit my finger where the whole ring as 1  would rest it needed to be a bit bigger

Aqua_Jen
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:49 PM
Quoting nowaygourmet:

i've asked how much it would cost to size them and solder them together but no one will tell me cuz its black hills gold and so soft they don't even want to attempt it.

Quoting sagi07:

What karat gold are your rings? Typically the Black Hills that Ive seen and worked with has been 10 or 12 kt which makes it harder than a higher karat because of the alloys. If they wont give you a price then they just dont want your money. Go somewhere else.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)