Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ugly divorces and baseball!

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:57 PM
  • 3 Replies

So dh is coaching baseball again this year, he and my exhusband coach my oldest ds's minor's team because my son is special needs and we thought it best if they were his coach.

Anyways apparently one of the kids parents went through a nasty divorce since last years coaching and when dh sent out the team rosters with parents names and phone/email contact info he got a really nasty email from one of the moms. She was furious because apparently she has sole custody of her ds and does not want us to give his dad (who went out of his way to make sure we have his contact info so he can attend his sons games) any info whatsoever. She wants TOTAL control about when and where he sees his son. From the sounds of the email she's pretty bitter about something and wants to *punish* him for the divorce.

We know that he's still seeing his son because he brought and picked him up from practice last weekend, so its not an issue of abuse etc......its just the mom wanting control over the whole thing. :(

This makes me FURIOUS, I cannot stand when a parent tries to keep a child from the other because of petty foolish reasons and uses them as a pawn in their game of revenge. This is an INVOLVED dad, he wants to be there for his kid! This is a small school and my ds has grown up with these kids, we know the dad and he's a nice guy.

I know not every family is going to be like ours and have the ex and new dh get along and do family things together, but they can at least be civil for their kids sake (of course as long as there aren't any extenuating circumstances where the parent should not be involved)

So what do you thing we should do? we've emailed the league but the guy in charge is a jerk and who knows when he'll get back to us.........what kind of protocol do you follow for a situation like this without ending up with the mom pulling the kid from the team? any advice?

by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
bamababe1975
by Gold Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 4:45 PM
IDK what you can do there except to say that if both parents are living, then you're required to have the information available in case something happens and she can't be reached. It's not a waiver to release him into his father's custody, just contact info.
mama2mycuties
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 4:48 PM

thats true, i think she's totally overreacting. Dh should be home from practice soon, we'll see what she had to say today :(

Mrs.Roozen
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 4:55 PM
bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)