Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I got a JOB :) piog

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 5:07 PM
  • 8 Replies

I  going to deliver newspapers.  It is my own neighborhood which is awesome.  But the only two that stink is that I have to drive to the distribution center at 2 in the morning and it is a 365 day job, so if I want to go on vacation I have to make sure I train someone I trust to actually do the job.

It would be even nicer if it was like the old days and the drop off the papers at my house in the morning in a paper box, but I dont think that they would pay you as much.

by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 5:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Bmat
by Barb on Apr. 23, 2011 at 5:08 PM

Congratulations!!!!! 

itsallabtthem84
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 5:08 PM

Congrats on the job!

Tashina12
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 5:10 PM
Congrats on the job!
nowaygourmet
by Gold Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 5:28 PM
congrats. it should work great if u r a night owl. hope u get paid well. mil & sil delivered to businesses in town, they claim they didnt make anything but never said how much it actually was.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hws060504
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 5:35 PM

That's great!  Congrats!

3totsinabox
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 5:35 PM
For the hours I think it good my route 275 to 300 a week. But gas prices I might end up with half. I am gonna make it work cuz this the best thing with dh's crazy work schedule.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nowaygourmet
by Gold Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 5:47 PM
r u in town or the country? since it's ur own neighborhood u could drive around a 4 wheeler and pull a lawn trailer full of papers in the summer if city is ok with it.

Quoting 3totsinabox:

For the hours I think it good my route 275 to 300 a week. But gas prices I might end up with half. I am gonna make it work cuz this the best thing with dh's crazy work schedule.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3totsinabox
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 6:17 PM

I am in a rural town.  I dont think I could do the four wheel thing, but that is a good idea to save on gas.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)