Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How many?

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 8:01 PM
  • 12 Replies

How many eggs do you usually fill and hide per kid?  Tomorrow it will be my daughter and my two nieces for our eggs hunt and while I know that I accidentally bought way too many plastic eggs (146 haha) I have no clue how many I should do.  Two of them are three years old and one is four years old. 

So... how many eggs do you fill per child?

by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 8:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Apr. 23, 2011 at 8:06 PM

we did ours during spring break (which was middle of march) when my daughter, niece and nephew were all together..(thought it would be more fun for them) and we had 98 plastic egg holders..and we put 2-3 eggs in each plastic one.....it seemed to work good...there was enuff for them to have fun (we went to the park, and hid them there for the kids) and yet they didnt have MOUNDS of chocolate.......

of course tomorrow, i will be doing another lil hunt for my daughter..LOL..but i wont be using the plastic containers...just gonna hide them in the living room for her  :) 

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Apr. 23, 2011 at 8:08 PM

ohh and the kids are 7, 8 and 10yrs old.  yours are lot younger..LOL even if ya didnt wanna put chocolate in the eggs, ya could put stickers in there somethings...jellybeans...ju jubes...etc...and of course we divided it all up evenly.....

ZoeCY
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 8:14 PM

Oh yeah we have a variety of candy and then some stickers, little toys, and change.  Then we will be hiding them along with some of the eggs that we decorated today.  Thanks!!!

Quoting alexis_06:

ohh and the kids are 7, 8 and 10yrs old.  yours are lot younger..LOL even if ya didnt wanna put chocolate in the eggs, ya could put stickers in there somethings...jellybeans...ju jubes...etc...and of course we divided it all up evenly.....

Kiwismommy19
by Diamond Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 8:45 PM
We do a LOT! I also went a bit overboard. About 125 plastic eggs filled with different stuff. Not sure how many kids we'll have tomorrow though. Last year at my sister's (or was it the year before?), there were 4 kids, and nearly 400 eggs. The kids would fill their basket, dump it in a bag and go back to hunting. They had a blast! I say fill them all :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissyV514
by Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 8:54 PM

i second the fill them all motion!!! that sounds like it would be a BLAST!

MissyV514
by Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 8:55 PM

oh haha to answer the question, we only bought 36 eggs for my 3 yo, we are just doing it in our living room, or maybe the back yard, weather permitting lol!

ZoeCY
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 1:21 AM

Ugh!!  Now I have to go fill more haha.  I did 90 of them, hmm... maybe I will get up early and do more.  Although I know my daughter will be getting an additional 40 or so later in the day.  I still have a bunch of stuff to fill them with though so I really should so that it doesn't sit around here forever!  Thanks ladies!!

pooh2you
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 1:28 AM

i would do them all LOL  we did Easter today at MIL and there are 11 kids totally 2 of them don't really hunt mine who is 10 months and the other 13 months. we did 400+. they had a blast now tomorrow on Easter we are going to my mothers and i have 2 1/2 and my mom did 2 and my sister did 1 (sorry that is dozens) and there are only 3 of hunting age. but hey it is for the kids right i love to watch them But i would just do them all let them have fun

shawnaquijada
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 1:41 AM
Oh my god. I buy 24-36 and there are usually about five kids!!! You guys are freaking me out!! 400 eggs?!?!?!?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirstn007
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 1:44 AM

as many as we want to lol i dont even count

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)