Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Everybody's kids can't be good...IJS

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 8:55 PM
  • 25 Replies
I just finished reading a post about spanking and no matter which side of the fence you're on, the same comments are made "I (insert personal stance here) and my children are well behaved (or w/e form of good you can think of)". So I wonder, where are the parents on either side of the fence whose children are not well behaved or what have you? I would think that with this debate visited as frequently as it is, we would see more people chime in on what isn't working. Is it a matter of justifying your stance or proving a point? That would help explain all of the similar responses, IMO.
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 8:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2milesboys
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:00 PM

my middle child i have tried both sides on spanking and non spanking and i can tell you he is not well behaved and not from a lack of parenting its just in his DNA ive decided and hopefully he'll grow out of it but until then all i can do it everything in my power to teach him right from wrong good from bad.... ALL kids are different

MissyV514
by Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:05 PM

my son is a pretty decently behaved three year old, that being said, he is three. he has tantrums, and he doesn't always share..... i have spanked my son once and we decided that it doesn't work for us.... sometimes kids act their age, and not how their parents would like them to...

myfoursonsks
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:11 PM

Good question.  Almost everyone on here acts like they are perfect parents and their kids are perfect...lol. I am on of the few that admit my faults and my children's mishaps.

MagnoliaDoll
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:11 PM
I completely agree I always say that if my last child had been first, he would have been my last. He does what you say, but in his own way. I will say come here and he will come but he is doing a chicken walk, or decides to come the long way. At that point what can you say?
Kiwismommy19
by Diamond Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:14 PM
Eh, who wants to defend their dicsipline choices and in the same sentence say "my kid is a brat"? :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mel600
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:24 PM

I have a 2 1/2 year old. She is pretty good but yes she can be a brat. She has manners but doesn't always use them. is getting better about playing nice. I spank if it needs to be done. I have tried time outs. They do not work for her. So she has to go to her room and throw her fits in there. But shes 2 1/2 she gets in trouble and pushes the limits.

MagnoliaDoll
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 7:28 AM

LOL, you definitely have a point :-)

Quoting Kiwismommy19:

Eh, who wants to defend their dicsipline choices and in the same sentence say "my kid is a brat"? :-)

MrsMWF
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 7:47 AM

We don't spank. I have 5 kids. My 2 older kids are adults and have turned out pretty well. My 13 year old is very stubborn but overall a pretty good kids. He listens for the most part. My 6 year old is a handful. He's pretty high strung but we still see no reason to spank. And lastly my 2 year old, well he's 2 and he's the baby. Everyone spoils him so if he turns into a little terror it's our own fault! lol!

Kiwismommy19
by Diamond Member on Apr. 24, 2011 at 8:38 AM
:-) It's a good question though. I've often wondered the same thing.

Quoting MagnoliaDoll:

LOL, you definitely have a point :-)

Quoting Kiwismommy19:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-xoxo-
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 8:41 AM

I defend what works for my family. If my kids were nasty brats even after I spanked them, I would try something different.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)