Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fevers come and go?? ANy ideas....?

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:42 PM
  • 10 Replies

DD started getting fevers probably monday night she woke up in the middle of the night pretty hot so i took her temp she was about 100.4....i changed her into a onsie and gave her some water so she went back to sleep....in the morning she was fine like nothing happened. same thing happened the next 2 nights...tues & wed...except her temp was higher tues. 101 and wed 102...thurs. i took her to the dr. and he said it was her body trying to get use to the sudden weather change...which made sense to me because it was be super super hot one min thn start raining the next...pretty crazy. Anywho they prescribed her ibuprofen so thurs night i gave her some ibuprofen gave her a bath and she went to sleep...she didnt wake up during the night but i got up to feel her and she was fine. Well last night she woke up with a fever again it was 102 so i got up gave her some ibuprofen gave her a bath and she drank some water. SHe was fine but all through out the day she goes from fever to no fever. Oh and when she has had a fever all her body is not hot only some parts like stomach head and back...her feet and hands are regular temp. Now i dont think its just the weather change i feel its something else but her dr closes at 2 today so i cant take her and tomorrow its closed i feel so bad for DD she has thrown up 2 times today. When i took her to the dr. i told her how she doesnt eat much she has a bad cough and looks all lazy but he kept saying it was the time changed. Do you ladies think it might be something else?? ANything like this happened to your kiddos before???

by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
3lilmonsters88
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:44 PM
Probably just a virus. My ds had a stomach bug with fever a few days ago.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Apr1l
by Gold Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:45 PM
Agree

Quoting 3lilmonsters88:

Probably just a virus. My ds had a stomach bug with fever a few days ago.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kiwismommy19
by Diamond Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:04 PM
I agree with the others.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kiwismommy19
by Diamond Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:05 PM
Except my girl hasn't been sick recently. But she's been similar to yours in the past. Just make sure she's drinking enough.

Quoting Kiwismommy19:

I agree with the others.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sunshyne86
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:11 PM
I'm assuming dr checked for eat infection? Also could she have a uti my daughter got those a lot they cause fevers too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirstn007
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:56 PM

it sounds like a virus , i would want to be sure she doesnt have an infection though

JocelynsMommy30
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 12:35 AM

Quoting sunshyne86:

I'm assuming dr checked for eat infection? Also could she have a uti my daughter got those a lot they cause fevers too.

Yea he checked her ears she was fine no infection there...but i have noticed that the last 3 times she has gone "tinkle" she cries....i been thinking maybe its a UTI.. :(

bugayfamilyof4
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 12:55 AM

I would not bring the fever down right away. Let it burn when it gets to 103 or so depending on how uncomfortable she is bring it down. Fevers are how our bodies fight infection. Her body is trying to heal its self. I have three children and I have always let it burn and they are usually 100% in a days. Where my friends would give meds right away and they would be sick for a week. Listen to your gut.

Jill xoxox

Gen1980
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 12:59 AM
My son had a low fever on and off for a week when he was fighting off a cold. If it hurts when she pees it must either be a uti or bladder infection. Definitely should get that checked out!
nmaxwell816
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 1:00 AM

I would call the doctor again

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)