• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did your kids ever sleep with you?

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:16 AM
  • 48 Replies
If yes- at what age did you transition them to their own bed? And how?!
My DD 2.5 still sleeps with us- and it's putting a damper on our sex life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shellie830
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:17 AM
They do we do it in the livingroom, we have done it outside on the dryer or table...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvmyangel22
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:20 AM
Yes but she makes hr way in at about 3 every morning...we have morning sex in the living room
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jparker289
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:20 AM
When they were 4 months old I put them in their own beds.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsApple
by Bronze Member on May. 21, 2011 at 1:20 AM

Our daughter slept in our bed until she was 10 months old.It was easier for us because 6 days a week hubby worked nights anyways.But,at 10 months her and I kept each other awake more than anything (she's roll over and I'd wake up,I'd bump in my sleep and she'd wake up,never ending cycle!) so we knew it was time for the transition.We started off with naps in her crib,in her room,and she just kind of accepted it.

Does your daughter have her own bed at all?Maybe start with naps in it.Or have her help you pick out bedding for it,and get her excited.

llammamamma
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:22 AM
My 1st son (now 8) would only come sleep W/ me if he had a bad dream, My 2nd son slept W/ me all I got remarried, he was 2 (now 5) & My daughter did from birth till 6 mos. (Now 15 mos.).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
llammamamma
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:23 AM
My 1st son (now 8) would only come sleep W/ me if he had a bad dream, My 2nd son slept W/ me till I got remarried, he was 2 (now 5) & My daughter did from birth till 6 mos. (Now 15 mos.).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
earthangel1967
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:27 AM
None of my 5 ever slept w us at night
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dusty.Rose
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:30 AM

DD sleeps with me since we moved back in with my mom. She is almsot three and has been sleeping with me since two and a half. Before that she's always always slept in her own bed. When we move into the house with DH she will have her own bed.

mamakenzi
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:31 AM

Yes, everynight at home but when we spend the night at my boyfriend's she sleeps alone.

Parksey27
by on May. 21, 2011 at 4:12 AM

My kids never slept with us as babies, they were always in a bassinet or crib. Now my oldest who is almost 5 climbs into bed with us sometime in the middle of the night. I wish he didn't but I'm sleeping so hard I usually don't notice till I wake in the morning. I hesitate to put the youngest in a big bed because I fear he will come in too and there just isn't enough room for 4! lol

I say take her shopping for the bed with you and let her pick it out. We went the toddler bed route.due to space and the fact that the cool characters make the beds more fun for the kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)