• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

again about vicodin

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:30 AM
  • 5 Replies
I haven't taken one since about noon, so 13 hours and I am still super itchy! Should I go to ER? I am freaking out!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mamakenzi
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:33 AM

I would call a nurse line, pharmacy, or the ER and see what they recommend.

jessistarr85
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:37 AM

Do you have any benadryll? If so take one for the antihistmine(sp) dose it just icth oir is there a rash or hives also? I don't think you need to go to the er for it tonight it sounds like a minor reaction, and most likely if you go to the er they will give you the same thing and send you home. If you do have a rash or hives then you might want to go, Have you noticed any trouble breathing or swelling of your toung? If so go to the er imedeatly. Hope you get this figured out soon

jparker289
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:46 AM
No rash or hives and I have strep and tonsilitis so yea its already swollen lol. Could the antibiotic make me itch too. I've taken penicillin and it never made me itch that's why I figured it was the vicodin.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamakenzi
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:47 AM
Itchiness is a side effect of any narcotic. And yes it could be the penicillin.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessistarr85
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:55 AM

It could be the penicillin, even if you have taken it before with out anny side affects, you may have devloped a allegery to it, I still think that as long as you don't have a rash or hives that a benadryll will help, some calmine(sp) lotion might help with the icth, and hopefully by tomorrow you will feel better

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)