• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have so had it with dh's job!!!!!!!!

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:05 PM
  • 9 Replies

So for weeks now, my dh's work has been changing over their core systems and my dh wrks in the IT dept so he has been going in early, coming home late, and going in some weekends. Its been hard on me, the kids, etc. So today we were going to take the kids and 2 of their friends to an amusement park, and something went down yesterday and now I am going to have to tell the kids we cannot go, because he had to go to work, and he was hoping he wld get off early enough to still make it but I called and he is like this is not going to happen. Cant go tomorrow. He isnt even getting overtime because they put him on salary. I MISS MY DH! I know I know at least he has a job and for that I am greatful, but this is frickin crazy insanity!!! I feel like a single parent cause I am home w/ the kids all day and he has been leaving around 5AM and coming home around 9 or 10 at night and he is sooooo exhausted.  I HATE THIS!

by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
jeswill
by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:07 PM
I'm sorry momma ((hugs))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kristy0833
by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:08 PM

:(

amonkeymom
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2011 at 2:52 PM

hugs  I'm sorry, I'd be upset too.  :(

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on May. 21, 2011 at 3:14 PM

I know it is hard when your DH works a lot of hours because mine does that a lot.  I always just remind myself though that not only am I grateful he has a good job(like you said) but that I still have it so much easier then a single parent because they also have to make the money and they never have a spouse to bounce ideas off of even. 

mamakenzi
by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:38 PM

I'm sorry, hopefully it gets better soon!

marscella
by on May. 22, 2011 at 9:32 AM
My dh works.stupid long hours...like im talkin stupid long like ur dh. He wanted to go to all.sorts of.outings that we planned as.a family to.do.with ds...well after twice of them.getting canceled because.of his work and my ds being devastated...I said no more. Now, I plan an outing an we go. I let ds who's 4 bring a little friend or his cousin or something and either my sister my mom or a.friend go with me. Perfect example, ds has been asking since last year to go back to.stoeybook.forest. well, im taking him back in.a.few.weeks. my du is scheduled to work and oh well. It would b nice to.do things as a family but im not devastating my ds anymore. Im thankful hubby has a good job that allows me.to do.fun thugs with my son. I.work too but from home. I babysit. Im quitting soon as its so hard with schedules and parents and etc...so I look at it.as im thankful we can survive and have $ to.do fun things off my hubbys salary. He gets upset when he has to.work.instead of go.with us sometimes.but such is life. He would rather my ds have as many enjoyable experiences with his mommy while he's little so we go.! If I had to.wait for my husband, my son would b grown and gone with no fun memories of anything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notjstasocermom
by Bronze Member on May. 22, 2011 at 10:47 AM

Why not just take the kids yourself?

mommy_of_3kids
by on May. 22, 2011 at 10:52 AM

I am sorry you feel that way.  Honestly I can relate but at the same time that job pays the bills.  My kids and I only see my husband for a 3 or 4 day weekend every 6 weeks.  But we made choices that has my husband working this way,....And I wouldn't ever not take my kids because Daddy wasn't home to help.  I would find a friend or maybe one of the other kids parents who was willing to go along and help.  Sometimes, work gets in the way of life...and sometimes it doesn't.

AudrasMommy
by on May. 22, 2011 at 10:57 AM

I totally feel for you.  I feel like I'm a single mom as well.  My dh works 7 days a week 10hr shifts.  He hasn't been off of work for one day in 3 weeks.  They are talking about letting them off for memorial day but I'm not holding my breath! lol  But he's not on salary so he makes overtime and double time on Sundays...which is nice, but I miss him alot.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)