Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

wedding atire help

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:49 PM
  • 8 Replies
So my BIL is getting married june 18th which is MIL bday.... we are going to the wedding and I need clothes help. Its adult only formal dress. Since its out of state I can't spend much because we have to pay for gas food and all that. My mom will be watching my son.

Is it wrong to wear black? We don't like his bride, and he's loves her for her money even though she doesn't have much.

DH has a nice black button down. He needs shoes, pants ect. I have no idea what to wear. MI is hot and muggy. I want to buy one of those tops to wear under my clothes, I'm losing weight but my tummy isn't where I want it to be to wear nice clothes. I also have 38E boobs so its hard to find nice clothes that fit in the top. Any help would be great.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
lilmama8408
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2011 at 2:56 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinmykiddo07
by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:57 PM

I've worn black to the last two weddings I've gone to. And both of them, the brides helped me pick out my dress! haha I dont have a full picture of the dress, but it ended right above my knees.

lilmama8408
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2011 at 3:01 PM
Haha. His fiance hates us. She's against military and DH is airforce. She has brainwashed my BIL... we are only going to make sure he really wants to do this. He has said several times he would call it off but he feels that he owes her bc their wedding is costing like 50K ...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinmykiddo07
by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:02 PM

Quoting lilmama8408:

Haha. His fiance hates us. She's against military and DH is airforce. She has brainwashed my BIL... we are only going to make sure he really wants to do this. He has said several times he would call it off but he feels that he owes her bc their wedding is costing like 50K ...

She's against the military? haha That sucks! SO is in the Air Force as well, so I probably wouldnt care much for her either.

leswen
by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:06 PM

Black should be fine!  As for styles... I can't be much help there.  I inherit clothes from my husband's aunt; I'm not the most fashionable. lol

Rychelle
by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:55 PM

is it black tie or just formal.. if its black tie go with a long gown.. just formal a nice cocktail dress is good. It is totally fine to wear black.. BUT that does tend to be a regional thing.. here in NJ pretty much everyone wears a black dress to weddings! 

as far as were to shop, macys always has a good selection.

nowaygourmet
by Gold Member on May. 21, 2011 at 4:04 PM

i would say black is fine. since money is an issue i would check the 2nd hand stores near you. they often have nice and new looking clothes. they might even have a girtle too. my sil was planning a wedding so her sis and I went shopping at the local thrift store for our dresses. turned out she didn't get married so we didn't waste a ton of money for something we weren't going to wear. i know exactly what ur dealing with when it comes to a top. u have to buy clothes that are too big just to get them to fit the bossom. i'm a 38G. don't even get me started on finding a bra that actually fits. 

lilmama8408
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2011 at 4:55 PM
My SIL is wearing a sluty cocktale dress.. haha. Nobody wants to attend this wedding not even his parents bc we don't believe he is getting married for love. Dh wants to wear his cacky pants that are everyday kinda pants. Its in a month and I havnt even looked yet lol. Didn't even send the rsvp till today and its "due" tuesday
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)