Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

uses for jars

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:56 PM
  • 10 Replies

i have a few empty jars. trying to think of uses for them. 

any ideas?

by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DelilahsMom4108
by Jeni on May. 21, 2011 at 9:01 PM

Depending on the size.... you can use them for many things.... I have a small glass jelly jar on my counter for spare change.... I have a big glass fruit jar I use as a vase.... You can also fill them with potpourri, put fake fruit in them, or marbles or rocks.... you can put candles in them even!

starfilled
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:16 PM

DelilahsMom has some great suggestions.  They're also good for sewing notions or findings (buttons and such)

jillbailey26
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:18 PM

We wash out and reuse those plastic jelly jars as water bottles.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

DelilahsMom4108
by Jeni on May. 21, 2011 at 10:09 PM

I think this is a baby food jar but it would work with any jar really. It filled with potpourri with a doily over it to release the scent.

3totsinabox
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:12 PM

I have a friend who uses the her baby food jars for spices and makes he own rubs and stuff.  (although i dont know her recipes)

DelilahsMom4108
by Jeni on May. 21, 2011 at 10:13 PM

This is a decorative bean jar.... looks nice on a counter.... its just a jar filled with different colored dried beans.... it also works nice with cocoa and marshmallows and such and can be used as gifts.

DelilahsMom4108
by Jeni on May. 21, 2011 at 10:17 PM

Cookie recipe in a jar.... you just add the ingredients and write out the baking instruction on a tag to add to the jar (makes a nice gift)

nowaygourmet
by Gold Member on May. 21, 2011 at 10:18 PM

oh this just gave me a good idea. i can put dry ingredients for recipes in them and give them as gifts with the finishing instructions attached. 

Quoting DelilahsMom4108:

This is a decorative bean jar.... looks nice on a counter.... its just a jar filled with different colored dried beans.... it also works nice with cocoa and marshmallows and such and can be used as gifts.

barefootNky113
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:20 PM
My aunt paints them for different holidays. They're really cute. My gave is the orange one painted like a jack o lantern.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
barefootNky113
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:20 PM
My aunt paints them for different holidays. They're really cute. My gave is the orange one painted like a jack o lantern.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)