Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Should I order replacement gray foam for Britax Boulevard?

Posted by on May. 29, 2011 at 6:25 PM
  • 9 Replies

Hi everyone!

Quick question about broken foam in my daughter's Britax Boulevard.

Sorry about the crappy video quality.

Replace this gray foam?

Recently had to replace this: http://www.britaxusa.com/store/details/parts/boulevard/eps-foam-head-restraint

Should I replace this: http://www.britaxusa.com/store/details/parts/boulevard/comfort-foam-upper-

See the rip in the video:

Thank you in advance!

by on May. 29, 2011 at 6:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
colins_mom
by Member on May. 29, 2011 at 6:26 PM
Dunno but here's a bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kat940
by on May. 29, 2011 at 6:37 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AM-BRAT
by Amber on May. 29, 2011 at 6:57 PM

Call Britax. I don't have time to watch the video now, but simple breaks are usually advised to tape.

If they feel it's more serious, they should send a replacement or even new seat. (for free)

Bellarose0212
by on May. 30, 2011 at 12:33 AM

Thanks, I'll  call.

For free?

I have bought replacement EPS foam TWICE now. Next  time it breaks, I'm buying a Complete Air. LOL.

Quoting AM-BRAT:

Call Britax. I don't have time to watch the video now, but simple breaks are usually advised to tape.

If they feel it's more serious, they should send a replacement or even new seat. (for free)

AM-BRAT
by Amber on May. 30, 2011 at 10:03 AM

Okay I watched the video now, how frustrating! I would def ask them what they say about the flimsy foam stuff. I think the EPS is for safety reasons, the softer stuff is likely for comfort.

How did you order the EPS foam? I'm surprised they DIDN'T replace it for free, Britax (and most other companies) are usually great about replacing functional parts.

DEFINITELY call them, and you could take this to the group in my sig as well. Just click on the girls.   :)

Bellarose0212
by on May. 30, 2011 at 9:48 PM

Thank you AM-BRAT!

That's what I was thinking, EPS foam is to absorb shock from impact, but IDK if the flimsy foam actually plays a safety role. I'll call tomorrow.

I didn't think about contacting them about the EPS foam break, because I figured it was our fault. She broke it (yeah, twice) when climbing into her seat. I just went to Britax.com and found the EPS foam in their "accessories" tab.

Your girls are soooooo cute, btw.

AM-BRAT
by Amber on May. 31, 2011 at 12:25 AM

Aww thanks so much and you're welcome!

Those things are generally covered I think, if you just call and ask.   :) 

mamakenzi
by on May. 31, 2011 at 12:27 AM

I have no idea but I qould listen to Amber (AM-BRAT) she knows her stuff about carseats!

AM-BRAT
by Amber on May. 31, 2011 at 12:51 AM

blowing kisses

Thanks! I know a little bit. And what I don't, I know where to find it.  :)  OP I also see you're in CSS too, so you should be able to find any info you need there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)