Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't know what else to do

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:38 AM
  • 12 Replies
My dd will be 4 in September and she is hardly potty trained at all. We have been actively working on potty training for almost a year. We've tried the 3 day method, the one day method, the bare bottom method, sticker charts, candy, and every other method and trick I could find at the library or on the web. She is extremely smart, and very stubborn. The latest thing we tried is making it a nonissue. The idea being that if there is no battle, then she will get tired of having to clean herself up and start using the potty. The only "rule" you are supposed to enforce is that people can't walk around with dirty pants. The problem is that getting her cleaned up is a battle. It can last hours. Today, she peed in her pants a little ( for the 3rd time) so I asked her to go to the bathroom to get cleaned up. She screamed at me for 10 minutes, finished her business on the floor on the bathroom, then screamed for another 15 minutes because I asked her to clean it up. Half an hour later she was watching a movie on my lap and peed on me.
I am at my wit's end. I don't know what else to try. I am horribly embarrass that she is not potty trained. I don't want to take her anywhere because I am afraid she will have accidents. I try not to get angry at her but I am so frustrated. I hate washing her bedding every day and doing extra laundry because she poops her pants daily. I don't know what to do.
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
m.farris
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:22 AM
My daughter is 2.5 and we just gave up and told her fine wear diapers forever. The next day and everyday since shes gone in the potty. Thats all my experience so far.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wubbunny420
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:26 AM

she may just not be ready, some kids take longer then others

Allie_kat1
by Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:28 AM
Have you tried letting her pick out undies with her favorite character ie dora, spongebob ect? Then tell her that dora doesnt like getting peed or pooped on. We are just starting with my daughter (22 months) but that idea worked great with a few of my friends children. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fireice
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:29 AM

I am having the same problem.  My daughter will be 4 in sep. and she was potty traind for about a month she didn't even wet the bed and then i don't know what happend.  Now we can't get her to go unless she wants to go.  The problem with me is i know she can do it because she has done it already and now she just won't.  So if you find a solution let me know so i can try it. 

ashwa
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:30 AM
It happens! Good luck Mama!

Quoting wubbunny420:

she may just not be ready, some kids take longer then others

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by Barb on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:28 AM

True, and if the new undies get wet or soiled they can't be worn again until they are laundered.  It sounds to me as though you are doing everything I could suggest. For her to defiantly go on the floor may indicate a power struggle. So not letting her do anything until she cleans the mess is an idea. - no tv, no eating, no playing.

Quoting Allie_kat1:

Have you tried letting her pick out undies with her favorite character ie dora, spongebob ect? Then tell her that dora doesnt like getting peed or pooped on. We are just starting with my daughter (22 months) but that idea worked great with a few of my friends children. Good luck!

WandBmamma
by on Jun. 6, 2011 at 1:39 PM
Idk my son finally started pooping on the potty a few days before his 4th bday and didnt start peeing until a few weeks after. Until he was ready and wanted to it was a battle.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bieg9093
by on Jun. 6, 2011 at 7:06 PM

You have a tough nut to crack there, don't ya?  Has there been any periods of success?  Are you switching back and forth from underwear to pullups or have you gotten her all out of pullups? 

SouthTxPrincess
by Silver Member on Jun. 6, 2011 at 7:15 PM
my aunt had a problem like this with my cousins they were 5 (twins) and one got fully potty trained and the other was just refusing so she wasnt allowed to leave the house. the trained twin was allowed to go shopping go on play dates ect. and the untrained one wasnt because she would pee or poop on herself just because. she potty trained herself in a week. so maybe try that if u have to leave the house find a sitter and tell her she cant go cause she wont use the big girl potty and see what happens. i hope everything works out!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jabs54
by Platinum Member on Jun. 6, 2011 at 9:46 PM

Do you think she has a physical problem that would prevent her from being able to hold it? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)