Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I've Committed PreMeditated Murder : (

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:32 AM
  • 28 Replies

im sorrysimple frownI feel so guilty and sad....

We've got teeny tiny ants in the kitchen in one area for some odd reason (we never had them before) and we have carpenter ants in the bathroom which for some reason we get every summer in that room for a month or two.

I kept hoping they'd go away but they've been getting worse so we had to buy some Terro Poison traps (the ants eat it and carry it back to their colony and share it with everyone including the queen and it kills the entire colony).

They are so excited they are running the trap like kids to the christmas tree. Poor innocent little things. WHY couldn't they just stay outside.

I HATE KILLING any living things!

spider

I am actually TERRIFIED of spiders and centipedes but I dont think they deserve to die bc of my fear so we have a thing called a bugzooka that catches insects and lets them go outside without having to get close to them or touch them.

So this really DOES bother me for real.

Are you the kind of person who "wouldnt kill a fly" too? Does killing even an insect bother you like it does me?

YVONNE

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CrickettyBoo
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:35 AM
Nope, I kill 'em all with no regrets. Except spiders, well the smaller ones.
All other bugs must die.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gaga_4_my_kids
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:35 AM
Insects don't bother me THAT much. As long as they're oustide they don't bother me. But I cry if I hit a bird or other animal with my car. I have the whole "what if it had a family" mentality, and that makes me feel sad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
504bbymami
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:37 AM
Omg I'm the exact same way!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wubbunny420
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:38 AM

ants are really bad this year!

504bbymami
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:39 AM
If I fina A bug in my house (unless its dangerous) I always just trap it and put it outside instead of squishing it lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HappyHmsklNapps
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:39 AM

i don't enjoy killing things...but i have.  mice/rats/roaches/mosquitos/ESPECIALLY those lil' monster-demons called centipedes and millipedes....and i will kill them again.

CrickettyBoo
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:40 AM
Wow, I sound like an evil bitch!
Just to clarify, I dont go around killing animals lo. Just bugs...no birds, bunnis, cats, etc. Just bugs lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by Barb on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:02 AM
The thing about ants is that they grow in number so much, and get in food. So they must go.
shygrl3cccm
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:21 AM
Lol I freak out having to kill bugs, and 99.9% of the time I won't do it I just let the roam the house until roomate gets home, and by that time they disappear some where
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heidi749
by Ruby Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:16 AM

I can not say I share your sentiments about creepy crawlers. I just poured boiling water mixed with vinager into ever ant hill I seen on my patio, I spray the house at the beginning of spring, and I have traps at every door way, in the basement and even the bottom of the pantry closet, they are Earth friendly products we use :-)  I am not really afraid of spiders, in less they get in my shower when I am in there, then I sound like a little sissy girl, hollering for my SO to come kill it.  I think it is very sweet that you feel like that, even about creepy bugs that you are even afraid of.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)