Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dilemma...edit...Update

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:08 AM
  • 15 Replies

OK so here is my dilemma.

I am supposed to throw my friend a baby shower today but my son has a constant cough. I am going to take him to the ER in a couple minutes since his Dr office is closed for the weekend. So here is my question...If it is just caused by his allergies or isn't something serious is it bat for me to still do the baby shower? While I am doing the shower he will be with my father.

If it is something more serious I will call neighbor to do the shower for me...she has my keys & knows where everything is.

EDIT.... EDIT...... EDIT........ EDIT

He has an immune disorder (his body can't fight off illness), a heart defect, & sever persistent asthma. He has stopped breathing a couple times & his heart has stopped once. I REALLY worry when he is at all sick.

UPDATE

My son is doing fine...on LOTS of meds but I was still able to do the baby shower. My dad ended up staying at my home with my son so they wouldn't be an hour away at his home if something went wrong. With his medicine he slept most of the time I was gone.

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
woodit2u
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:10 AM

Why do you think it would be bad to do the shower if it isn't serious? If your father is willing to watch him then do the baby shower.

jillg24
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:02 AM

I edited it

Kiwismommy19
by Diamond Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:11 AM
With the edit that makes it a bit tougher. I think it would depend on how easily reached I was and how much I trusted my dad to care for him while sick. Good luck! Keep us updated on how he is?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jillg24
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:46 AM

I will keep you all updated we are at the ER right now waiting (forever) to see the doctor.

proudmommy_1
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:52 AM
If its not serious then I think it should be okay to go ahead with the shower.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kiwismommy19
by Diamond Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:57 AM
Good luck. I hope it's nothing serious!

Quoting jillg24:

I will keep you all updated we are at the ER right now waiting (forever) to see the doctor.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jillg24
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:03 PM

update in black

Quoting Kiwismommy19:

Good luck. I hope it's nothing serious!

Quoting jillg24:

Kiwismommy19
by Diamond Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:19 PM
Thanks for the update. Glad he's doing well and you were still able to do the shower.
How'd the shower go?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jillg24
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 2:00 AM

We had a really good time. Everyone loved the food & games. She got a lot of really cute girl things.

I have a son so it was so much fun buying baby girl things

Quoting Kiwismommy19:

Thanks for the update. Glad he's doing well and you were still able to do the shower.
How'd the shower go?

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Jun. 5, 2011 at 2:26 AM

glad hes doing better!!  and glad to hear the shower was a success!  buying for a girl is sooooo much fun!! LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)