Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG! I can not believe I did this!

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:21 AM
  • 81 Replies

I made my first cake! It is not anywhere near perfect.  I am totally no cake boss, but I think it turned out cool! My daughter LOVED it and that is all that matters. 

I have fine motor issues and have trouble focusing so it took me all day yesterday.  But, I am so proud I pushed myself and did it. 

Anyway I had to share! Here are the pics!

It is a gluten free cake too, which made it SOOO much harder because it crimbles easy!  Because she is allergic to wheat and   gluten she never gets a cool cake cus they do not make them at the bakery! That is why I made it!  It made me tear up to see her so happy when she woke this AM and saw it! =-)

I am Kelly, 32 yr old Mom of 4 Girls!  Caitlin 7 yrs, Lilly 4 yrs, Molly 1 yr. and my angel Elysse born 2/05/08, married to my wonderful husband Jeff for 6 yrs,  I am a domestic violence  survivor,  infant loss survivor, swine flu  medically induced coma survivor,  I am an attatchment parenting momma, non CIO momma, mom of an awesome daughter with autism, and a passionate breastfeeding momma who will breastfeed anywhere anytime my baby is hungry, I have multible life long disabilities but am determined to not let them stop me, My girls are my everything and I live for them! =-)That is me in a nutshell!     

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lavanda
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:22 AM

good job!  better than mine would have turned out.

LoveMyLos
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:23 AM

are you serious? thats freaking awesomeness!!!!!

twocutetwins09
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:25 AM

Good job!

Also, you should add "PIOG" to your title.

Shellness
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:26 AM

You're a good mama!

jodilara
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:27 AM

Beautifull cake! Even more beautifull daughter! Congrats!!!

momof2little1s
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:28 AM

Thanks!   All i can see is the faults in it! LOL

Quoting LoveMyLos:

are you serious? thats freaking awesomeness!!!!!

I am Kelly, 32 yr old Mom of 4 Girls!  Caitlin 7 yrs, Lilly 4 yrs, Molly 1 yr. and my angel Elysse born 2/05/08, married to my wonderful husband Jeff for 6 yrs,  I am a domestic violence  survivor,  infant loss survivor, swine flu  medically induced coma survivor,  I am an attatchment parenting momma, non CIO momma, mom of an awesome daughter with autism, and a passionate breastfeeding momma who will breastfeed anywhere anytime my baby is hungry, I have multible life long disabilities but am determined to not let them stop me, My girls are my everything and I live for them! =-)That is me in a nutshell!     

the3Rs
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:42 AM

AWESOME!!!!way to go

lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:17 AM

THAT is  AWESOME !!! Your dd is so darn cute. I LOVE the cake and the fact you toook all that time and did it for her speaks volumes about you !!

kittycat813
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:23 AM

nice cake good job!!!!!!!!!!!

OliviaW.
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:26 AM

That cake is so cute! Good job!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)