• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Killer sunburn *Warning - Disturbing burned cleavage pic*

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:57 AM
  • 18 Replies

This sunburn is KILLING me! I have MS and typically stay out of the sun so I'm pretty much dayglo white. I'm trying to do more outside stuff with my DD and I figured the pool would be a good compromise since I wouldn't get too hot. Ummmm yeah. I'm evidently the dumbest person in the world for forgetting sunscreen and now I am sooooo burnt!

It's been three days and it isn't feeling any better...it actually feels worse. I'm swollen..like sooo super puffy! My skin is stiff and stinging. I've put a crapload of aloe on it, taken cool baths, washed with face wash, drank a TON of gatorade but it isn't getting any better. I'd seriously throw a temper tantrum if I didn't think it would hurt. I can't even wear anything other than a tube top. Heat from cooking or getting clothes out of the dryer is like being stabbed repeatedly. The idea of wearing a bra...shudders...I'm so miserable I'm not even going to apologize for being a drama queen. Maybe when this is all over (It has to end?? Right????) I'll look back and be embarrassed and apologetic for my wailing and whining...

What else can I do? How long is this going to take??? When does it stop hurting? Wahhhhhhh!!!!

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
britters4423
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:59 AM

Ive always used aloe gel on my burns...it soothes it really well. Ive tried other things but nothing works quite like the aloe. For ME anyways. 

graciepaige
Ouch!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-xoxo-

Oh that looks so painful, I'm sorry. I don't know what will help, here's a BUMP!! 

KelliansMom
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:00 PM

when i get bad burns ill will put a wash cloth in cold skim milk and place that on the burn for a bit ..take cooler showers and always stay coved in pure aloe :) and take some pain meds to like mortin 

MommaSteph85
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:01 PM
A tea bath helps draw the heat out. Then put some aloe on. It will help a little
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
butterflymomss
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:04 PM
looks like sun poisoning to me. what your describing sounds like when i got it a few years ago. it got so bad i couldnt move without being in severe pain for 2 days. it went away on its own but i dont remember exactly how long it took.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GOBryan
by Gold Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:19 PM

VINEGAR will take away the burn immediately. 

I have lived in Florida all my life. Anytime I've gotten a sunburn in the past, vinegar has taken it away. I SWEAR by VINEGAR as a cure all remedy, including ear infections, which is prominent for my son and husband. 

tabetha_w
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:34 PM
U could go to the hospital they have stdf that takes it away but yeah u go skin posioning.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
okhsmom
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:34 PM

I agree with cool vinegar compresses.  You can also take benadryl for the swelling. 

HaileysMom07180
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:36 PM

ow!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)