Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My baby hates me! Help.

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:12 PM
  • 12 Replies
Ok so about a month ago I fully weaned my 19 month old. He seems to be pretty cool about. My supply was running low (i have class most jights and my hubby gave him reg milk) an so now he gets more milk and still cuddles from me when I'm available. Occasionally he'll say "boob" and grab but usually he is easily distracted an doesn't cry. Anyway lately he's been really violent. Note: I never hit him ever. I have yelled at him in the past but try not too. And usually I'm really goo at calmin him, acknowledging his motions etc. But lately he wil just randomly slap me or bite me or pinch te crap out if me. It is destroying our relationship because I get so frustrated I just leave the room to stop myself from yelling. Today he took a chunk out if my face! I lost it I yelled at him. Threw the book we were drawing in and cried. I feel like I've failed somehow. I am so sweet to him and I love him so much. He never does this to his dad or any other family member. I've tres everything.... I'm losin it! Any suggestions? Could he be feeling neglected because I've been working harder at my school work and I'm not home as often? Could it because of weaning? He has been bullying smaller kids too. He grabs their faces and made one kid bleed!! He hugs after he hurts when I tell him that's not niceand he should be gentle but he will still do it again and then hug..... What the he'll?!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bella_Madre
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:13 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bella_Madre
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:15 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bella_Madre
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:16 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KayDziedzic
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:18 PM

He doesn't hate you, promise! It's a (very unpleasant) phase he's going through. You're doing the right thing, leaving the room when he hits or bites. As soon as he does it say, "Biting/hitting/pinching hurts me. Biting/hitting/pinching is not nice!" and leave the room. Do the same thing when he does it to other people. If you stay consistent, it will eventually stop. Good luck!

KayDziedzic
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:19 PM

Be patient and wait a bit before you bump. It takes a few minutes to read and respond :)

mamakenzi
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:24 PM

He doesn't hate you, all small toddlers go through a phase similar to this.  Just be consistent with discipline and remember "This too shall pass."

Mommy2justone
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:25 PM
Aw momma *hugs* my daughter went through a pinching phase at about 21 months, it last about 2 months and then she stopped. We would tell her oww that hurts mommy (daddy) don't do that again. And remove her hand. Just be patient, don't put him in a situation with lots of kids till you resolve it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mamamanic
by Gold Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:58 PM

That is kinda an age thing as well. Don't let him hit and hurt and ake sure he knows it hurts others. Might kinda get it!

Bmat
by Barb on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:21 PM

He is discovering that what he does affects others. So frown and take his hand away and firmly say no, it hurts, until he gets the idea. Including when he is around other children.

proudmommy_1
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:28 PM
He doesn't hate you! Just be firm with him. Let him know that it hurts you and others and that its not okay. Be consistent.

Others may not agree, but when my kids went through phases like this, I would do it back. Not hard of course but it taught them that they didn't like it when it happened to them so they stopped doing it to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)