Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hey RELATIVES....butt out!!! What's a nice way to say this to them other than BUTT OUT??

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:17 PM
  • 5 Replies

hHope someone out there on this hot summer day reads my post and responds with some good advice. I've been going through a lot lately.   Finding out I was pregnant with a third child,  trying to move to a better nieighborhood,  and trying to raise my family.   REAL LIFE, right?   Long story short,  a well meaning relative keeps trying to add her input into my life when it wasn't asked for.  I understand she means well but she is insulting and rude.   I NEVER CALLED HER OR ASKED FOR ADVICE FROM HER.  She has two kids of her own,  a demanding job, and lives across town.  I MAYBE see her twice a year now, at holidays.  She doesn't like my significant other,  and thinks I am an unfit mother who needs to give up custody of my kids,  simply  because I had some problems earlier this year and had my kids stay with my mom while I worked out what I needed to.   LIST GOES ON.    Short of blocking her from FACEBOOK,  and ignoring the phone,  what else can I do or say that will make her BUTT OUT,  and mind her own business???  I am getting sick of the phone calls and e mails that are unwelcome.    anyone have any suggestions??  THANKS           KELL342

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mrs_smiph
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:20 PM

Reciprocate by telling her how to live her life!  It may click with her lol!  If she is still bothering you, I would advise you to continue ignoring her as much as possible.

ceciliam
by Cecilia on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:20 PM

I would just be honest and tell her you are not looking for advice.

marshallmommy
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:21 PM

Change your email address and your number.   Or you can tell her that you will no longer open any emails from her or answer any phone calls from her and that she needs to butt out and mind her own business. 

mamakenzi
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:22 PM

Next time she does it just tell her that you know she means well but you have it handled.  Or I am in a craptastic mood and could send her a lovely e-mail on your behalf, LOL.

Mommy2justone
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:26 PM
Just tell her "Thank you for the advice, but I am okay now, I can handle it". And if she says anything again, repeat it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)