Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Feeling so far away from hubs:(

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:20 PM
  • 3 Replies
We are new parents, and lately I feel like he does anything he can think of to remove himself from me and the baby. Today is a classic example. Woke up at 8, hung out with the baby and I till around 9. Then he informs me he needs to chop up a tree in our back yard. Weird, but ok. Baby and I go on a 45 minute walk/run. When we get home he is still out there with the tree. Ok, maybe it's more tree than I thought it was. So baby and I hang out for the next 3 hours inside by ourselves. Then hubs comes in and explains he needs to now tale the tree branches to the recycling place. At this point I remind him I have to work at 4:15 and it would be nice if we had some kind of family time today. To which he responds with his usual "it's got to get done." I understand things need to still get done around the house. But when ge acts like this I feel like a burden on him. Like I am only here to tale care of the lo. I do not feel attractive, needed, or loved. I know I need to explain this to him later, but when I finally do get me and him alone time, the last thing I want to do is start a fight. Any advice?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MommyMays
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:23 PM

Sometimes DH does things like that. I think it is because he isn't a big "play on the floor" person. He would rather go somewhere. When we go somewhere fun, he tends to give me and DD a lot more attention. Maybe it would help to go on a date or something together. Have ya'll been out as a couple in awhile? When did it start?

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:27 PM
Lo was born at the end of December. The only time we've gone put together without baby was valentine's day. He has been acting this way for about a month and a half. I know money is tight, so I hate asking for him to take me out. But I need some positive attention coming my way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2justone
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:45 PM
He probably just doesn't feel like he can do much "baby time" because mom does most of it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)