Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need t talk to someone about homeschoolin

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:11 PM
  • 12 Replies

yes im looking for someone that i can talk too bc im wanted to home school my son and just had some questions about it and was going to see if anyone homeschooled them kids if so i just had a couple of questions about it .... let me know if you know of anyone that i can talk too

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ceciliam
by Cecilia on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:12 PM

I have no idea. good luck

Mamamanic
by Gold Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:13 PM

There is a homeschool group on Cafemom

Rockabye
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:13 PM

I was homeschooled for a while when I was a teen and then I dropped out and did online highschool which was pretty cool. they had programs for k-12 you might look into that

rbailey2414
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:15 PM
I suggest to get better at grammar yourself before trying to teach your kids...sorry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamakenzi
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 6:24 PM

There is a great homeschooling group on here, they are very knowledgeable.

bellaamore
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 6:27 PM

I am sorry, but I agree as well. I rarely suggest public school, but I think sometimes, we as parents just CAN'T do certain things. I don't think you will have the ability to homeschool your child correctly.

Quoting rbailey2414:

I suggest to get better at grammar yourself before trying to teach your kids...sorry.

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Jun. 5, 2011 at 6:36 PM

Quoting bellaamore:

I am sorry, but I agree as well. I rarely suggest public school, but I think sometimes, we as parents just CAN'T do certain things. I don't think you will have the ability to homeschool your child correctly.

Quoting rbailey2414:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jen2150
by on Jun. 6, 2011 at 8:32 AM

Shame on you for being so judgemental.  You don't know her and you don't know what her grammar is really like.  It is a post not an essay. 

Quoting rbailey2414:

MommaSteph85
by on Jun. 6, 2011 at 8:38 AM
I agree my grammer on here is not the same irl. Especially since I post from my cell a lot. Op I would look into that group that was suggested. Maybe they won't be so judgmental.

Quoting jen2150:

Shame on you for being so judgemental.  You don't know her and you don't know what her grammar is really like.  It is a post not an essay. 

Quoting rbailey2414:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jen2150
by on Jun. 6, 2011 at 8:45 AM

Hi, feel free to message me anytime.  My boys are just entering 2nd and 4th grade.  I have been homeschooling them from the very beginning.  Cafe Mom has a great group called happy homeschoolers you should really think about joining it.  It is a very active group.  I suggest going to the library and checking out some books on homeschooling.  Reading and the library will be your constant companion when you homeschool and be prepared to learn some cool things.  This week my sons and are going to be doing some light experiments and taking an owl pellet apart.  Also I would start checking on yahoo for some homeschool groups, they will be quite helpful in the future.  How  old is your son? 

I am on facebook as well.  Send me a message and I will send my info to you.  Remember homeschooling is growing every year and you are not alone.  I firmly believe anyone can homeschool but it is not for everyone.  It takes a lot of time and committment but it is worth every second.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)