Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i had an epidural yesterday when i had knee surgery....

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:30 PM
  • 12 Replies
Yesterday I had an epidural when I had my knee surgery and last night my back was hurting and I notice it was swelled some and I lifted the back of my shirt and asked my oldest if I had a bruise there and she said yes so I went to the bathroom and looked as best I could and I saw a really dark purple round bruise. Today it still hurts and painful to touch. I will be getting a call from the center on Monday and telling them about it. I had a epidural with my second daughter but it never swelled and bruised on me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
carolina_gal
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:33 PM

I had an epidural and didn't seem to have any side affects.

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:49 PM

I have never had one.  (:

msfila1980
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:24 PM

You don't have a fever at all right? If so, then you probably should be concerned. If your pain is worse tomorrow then maybe call a clinic or ER and get their opinion. Otherwise, just wait until they call you on Monday. Good luck!

Bmat
by Barb on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:28 PM

If it is more swollen and red tomorrow and hot to the touch, it might be a good idea to call the doctor on call or go to an urgent care clinic.

Bmat
by Barb on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:41 PM

How is your knee? What did you have done?

ThePinkRobot
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:51 PM
I had an epidural when I had my baby 2 weeks ago & my back is all Fucked up. I also was leaking spinal fluid& had the most horrendous headache imaginable, but that part has fortunately passed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Habibti812
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 8:21 AM
I'm sorry that happened :-( hopefully the doctor can give you some helpful advice!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
robsgurl_23
by Bronze Member on Jun. 6, 2011 at 11:33 AM

it feels much better today the swelling is gone and the bruise I will have to check on it to see how it is doing. I spoke to a nurse today that called to see how I was doing and I mentioned it to her and she made a note of it and will let the surgeon know about and she told me to keep an eye on it and if it still hurts some ibuprophen should help with the pain.

Kiwismommy19
by Diamond Member on Jun. 6, 2011 at 11:37 AM

Glad it's feeling better and the swelling is gone.

Quoting robsgurl_23:

it feels much better today the swelling is gone and the bruise I will have to check on it to see how it is doing. I spoke to a nurse today that called to see how I was doing and I mentioned it to her and she made a note of it and will let the surgeon know about and she told me to keep an eye on it and if it still hurts some ibuprophen should help with the pain.

Rychelle
by on Jun. 6, 2011 at 1:03 PM

happy you are feeling alittle better today! I had some bruising and soreness with mine.. hows the knee doing?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)