Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms of Graduating Students?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:35 PM
  • 6 Replies

graduateAre you a mom of a graduating student this year?

What are they graduating from?

Are you getting them a card or gift? If so what is it?

Are you celebrating with a trip or party or other?

Do you have a pic of your graduate to show off here?

What plans are next for your graduate?

YVONNE

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
GOBryan
by Gold Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:46 PM

My daughter is a credit and a half short so she's completing it on virtual school in order to make Summer Graduation.

earthangel1967
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:53 PM

Quoting GOBryan:

My daughter is a credit and a half short so she's completing it on virtual school in order to make Summer Graduation.

That is great though.. she is almost there! Congrats

Will you be doing anything special to celebrate?

Will you be doing gifts or anything or no?

YVONNE

karla85
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:59 PM

Can I brag about my niece since my kids are so young?

She graduated yesterday from MIT as a Civil Engineer. Df and I got her a Kindle (with a Lisa Simpson skin that says "overachiever") and an EVO Shift.

My sister and her ex dh are trowing her a party on June 18th and all her teachers from pre-k to High School are invited. 

She is coming back home for the summer and the she is moving to start working and hopefully next year she'll start her Masters.

I watched her graduation ceremony online because I couldn't afford to go but my parents and sister went. I'll post a pic of her in a minute.

karla85
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 12:01 AM

She is the one with glasses

earthangel1967
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 12:02 AM

Quoting karla85:

She graduated yesterday from MIT as a Civil Engineer. Df and I got her a Kindle (with a Lisa Simpson skin that says "overachiever") and an EVO Shift.

My sister and her ex dh are trowing her a party on June 18th and all her teachers from pre-k to High School are invited. 

She is coming back home for the summer and the she is moving to start working and hopefully next year she'll start her Masters.

I watched her graduation ceremony online because I couldn't afford to go but my parents and sister went. I'll post a pic of her in a minute.

congratulationsYou must be so proud.  It sounds like she is also a very lucky girl too.

YVONNE

karla85
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 12:07 AM

I am very proud of her. She has been very smart since she was  young, she got in the "gifted and talented" program in the first grade, she was Valedictorian on HS and got on MIT with a full scholarship and she also got the "Gates Millennium" Scholarship. But it has been hard work for her and everything she got she definitely deserves it. What can I say? I'm her aunt lol

Quoting earthangel1967:

Quoting karla85:

congratulationsYou must be so proud.  It sounds like she is also a very lucky girl too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)