Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how long should it take ?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:59 PM
  • 12 Replies

our AC is going out, the thermostat is reading 80 and the air is blowing but not cold, I called the landlord and she said she would get someone out but here we are @ 9pm nad no one came,  it's supposed to be even hotter tomorrow and the next day, how long should I have to wait for someone to come out and fix the ac ?

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
quietsmilie
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:01 PM

Check to see if there is something in your lease.

MrsApple
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:04 PM

I'm in the same shoes right now.Our a/c went out last night.EVERYONE we've called has been completely booked,or "doesn't do weekends",pfffft,so I've gone all day with no a/c and it got up to 98 in the house with all the fans going.Gah!Luckily little one is spending the weekend at Grandma's house.We have someone that is suppose to come out tomorrow morning so I'm hoping it's an easy,quick fix.

I hope your landlord gets someone out fast!

sacdp29
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:09 PM

It sounds like maybe it froze up.  Check your lease.  Are you in apt., duplex or renting house?

NookBoookMom
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:19 PM

renting, she has sent out heating and air to other units but seems to be taking her time, in our lease it states she is responsible for all repairs, it just takes forever but with this heat I really dont want to be waiting several days

Bmat
by Barb on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:23 PM

It is too hot for you to be waiting that long.  Try using fans so you can sleep at night.

pftwin23
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:32 PM
That happened to us in Texas. We called the landlord back and told him. He was just as surprised. And called the A/C folks back. Something got messed up on their end but, they did get someone out first thing next day.
I'm not sure what you will get on a Sunday though.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pftwin23
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:32 PM
I agree

Quoting Bmat:

It is too hot for you to be waiting that long.  Try using fans so you can sleep at night.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirstn007
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:37 PM
Call her in the morning, stay on her case. Can u buy a cheap air unit off craigslist if she takes forever. Usually they have like ten days , send a certified letter, if she doesnt do anything u r released from the lease legally. Hopfully it doesnt come to thT. My landlord sux ass too, I just stay on his case
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kiwismommy19
by Diamond Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:25 PM
Does your lease give a specific time for heat and air repairs? Also check your county laws for it. Here if it's 80 or over outside then they have only so long to have it repaired.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erinsmom1964
by Gold Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:54 PM

Tomorrows Sunday....crap.....   good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)