Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

13 year old smoking pot

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:37 PM
  • 7 Replies
What would you do?

First, it's not my kid. It's a friends kid. She found it in his room. He said he has done it 3x but says he's never going to do it again. I guess she grounded him for a month.

Do you think this is a big deal? Would you believe him when he says he's done doing it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
canthaveboys1
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:39 PM
I would whoop some ass.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetmissy_05
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:40 PM

Well it's better than drinking and doing other drugs or smoking cigarettes but I would still talk to them and encourage them not to do it....

Habibti812
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 8:11 AM
Yes I think its a VERY big deal. I'd be looking at who he's hanging out with ands be having some very serious talks about the issue.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Jun. 5, 2011 at 9:23 AM

My sons would be hanging real close to me for awhile.  I would get a drug test and let my kids know I would randomly test them. Yes thie would be a big dea in my home. At thirteen I would have them do a 25 page report on dope. That in itself would hopefully discourage them.

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Jun. 5, 2011 at 9:24 AM

Oh man I'm so glad I'm not there yet.

IDK, I was 14 when I was starting getting exposed to sex and drugs. I hate that I was that young and IDK what could've been done.

How involved is the parentin general?

sweettigeress
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 9:35 AM

I think it's a big deal. Pot may not be the most harmful drug, but it's still a drug nontheless. And no, I wouldn't believe him if he said he was done.

YuppyMom
by Silver Member on Jun. 5, 2011 at 9:56 AM

Wow.  Your friend has BLINDERS on. 

In my home, and my children are already where we stand on the use of ANY illegal substance, finding pot or being caught usiing it would IMMEDIATELY be NOT ONLY a long term grounding, but ALSO immediate enrollment in an outpatient rehabilitation program where they go a few days per week for group sessions, have one on one counseling and education sessions.  Yes, I realize that marijuana is not PHYSICALLY addictive--but can be psychologically addictive.  Yes, I realize that just because they may be using it does not mean they are necessarily addicted---BUT....the program will be good on all fronts and may teach them a solid lesson and allow them to see others who have used drugs and what miserable lives they ended up with.

After that if they were caught again...INPATIENT program where they stay there,

We draw a very firm, very hard line about drugs in our home.  It is about the only thing my children could do that could actually lead me to make the decision that my child could no longer live in our home.  Tough love all the way on this one. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)