Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Scared to death!!

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:41 PM
  • 7 Replies
We have an appointment on Monday with a realtor to put our house up for sale. We can't move out until it's sold so the house will constantly have to be spotless and with 2 little ones I'm scared to death! I think this is going to be my worse nightmare! Anyone with any advice or tips would be so appreciated!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
earthangel1967
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:48 PM

Tell the realtor you want 24 hours notice before any showing. That is what I did.

wigglesmomma22
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:49 PM

Clean out a closet and have one or two empty close baskets on hand.  When they call you and ask to show it throw everything lying around in the baskets and put them in the closet and shut the door.  You can also take a folded blanket and throw it on top of the baskets and no one knows the difference.

jabs54
by Platinum Member on Jun. 5, 2011 at 12:02 AM

When my son and dil were trying to sell their house they put away most of the toys and "stuff".  You can put it in boxes in the basement and randomly bring up a different box of toys for the kids to play with.  It's easier to keep clean when there isn't so much stuff.  Good luck! 

Larsbug
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 12:06 AM

you can do this or you can ask for at least a couple hours notice... I am studying to be a realtor and this is what most realtors advise you to do with 2 little ones.

Quoting earthangel1967:

Tell the realtor you want 24 hours notice before any showing. That is what I did.

Iluvjandkplus8
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 12:07 AM
I'm a realtor. You can request to have 24hour notice but it does turn some buyers away. Pack up as much stuff as you can and put it neatly in a garage, building or closet if needed. Good luck! Hope it sells fast!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveMyLos
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 12:09 AM

rent your kids out? lol

what they all said. 

sleveric
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 10:09 PM

I would pre-box up a lot of the things you don't use all the time.  Take some of the kids toys they dont play with and box them up so there is less to spread around the house.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)