Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need a whole night of sleep please!!!!!

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:31 AM
  • 13 Replies

My daughter will be one in 7days and still doesnt sleep all throught the night and its taking a toll on me.. How can i get her to sleep throght the night? Also i cant seem to get her to sleep in her crib anymore... A few months ago she got really sick and i made the mistake of letting her sleep in my bed and now she wont go back to her bed what can i do?

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Wyndi
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:37 AM

I made that mistake of letting my oldest sleep with us when she was sick and she would not sleep in the crib again after that. What I did was take the crib apart and put the matress on the floor for a few weeks then moved her to a youth bed with plenty of bedding on the floor and bed rails to keep her from falling out.

Also mine slept better on a full tummy. Her nightly routine was bowl of cereal, warm bath, bottle then bed.

troll.mom
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:29 AM

both my kids were early to get out of the crib.. DD was 8 months old.. matress on the floor (she slept in her crib maybe 4 times) and DS was 13 months old...

NO toddler bed, twin for DD and Full for DS

LSurvivor78
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:52 AM
I am no help.. My son is 7 months, and doesn't sleep through the night. His first few hours are in his bed, then the rest he winds up in bed with us, lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amanda81919
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:30 AM
Honesly its only been a couple months since my daughter has and idk she just started one night and b4 that it was 1-5 times a night she's going to be 2 in a month I guess they grow out of it. Not my boy the day he was born until now. Almost 4 has sleep from 9pm-7-8am
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AM-BRAT
by Amber on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:36 AM

L.O.L.

I was here, years ago begging for help all the time. My first kid didn't STTN til over age 2!! And crazy me decided to have a baby in between there too!

Unfortunately, as maddening as it is- there's not much you CAN do. Which is what everyone at the time told me, but I would get angry and not believe them.

Hang in there, you are NOT alone. They do eventually sleep.

If you're regretting letting her in your bed, get her a toddler bed and try that.

tashysmommy
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:03 PM
thank you guys... now if get to show my fiance what you all have said and tel im i told you so. Thank you again
LancesMom
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:09 PM

welcomeYou may need to change her bedtime or change nap time up. Good Luck!

Kiwismommy19
by Diamond Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:13 PM

Good luck  :-)  Like some of the others have said, some kids don't sleep through the night for a while. I know a 4 year old who still gets up a couple times a night.

mamakenzi
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:14 PM

Like everyone else has said not much you can do.  My daughter is 3 almost 4 and rarely sleeps through the night.

momof3angela
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:22 PM

I would suggest being persistent with keeping her in her crib when she wakes up.  She may fuss for several nights but will get acclimated again.  Hoping you get some much needed sleep, too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)